Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Line Prophet 98 vs APO Rocko

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Guy's. My first post Smile

I recently center mounted new bindings to my old park/piste ski's which means I'm looking for a some new all mountain skis.

I'm a good piste skier after doing two seasons but not so good off piste. I enjoy off piste the most and intend to improve on my holidays this year. my girlfriend doesn't go off piste however so my ski's need to be good on groomers too. I'm 177cm tall and 76 Kilograms. I like a playful ski that I can chuck in different directions at will, weave at through tree's/obstacles with a moments notice, pull the odd trick on and that has twin tips. I can imagine however that as I venture more and more into steep, wide open faces I'll appreciate something stable that can carve a good wide turn.

So, I've found these ski's at good prices: 2013 Line Prophet 98 length:179 and 2015 APO Rocko length:180

At the end of last season I'd out grown my ski's - they weren't stable enough at speed so I wanted something sturdier, I demo'd the Rocko's and loved them. I hadn't skied so fast before and I only had them for two hours but I did find them harder work and at slow speeds they weren't fabulous. Off piste I was impressed with how well they handled end of season, churned up, re-frozen, crusty, off piste snow.

I've never tried the Line's, I've read one review that said they are softer than you might expect which may be good for me. I've wanted a pair of Line's for ages and like the sound of what has been said of them on these forums already but there is no comparison anywhere online between them and the Rocko's.

I'm also curious how the age difference factors in. With new ski's improving year on year can I directly compare a review of the Prophet made in 2012 to a review of the Rocko made in 2014? It may also be worth noting that the deals I have found are for second hand Prophets and new Rockos, that I have a very small budget and I have an injured knee so where possible lighter skis are easier for me .

Help and guidance much appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I should think the Rocko would be a good choice and you should be able to pick up a pair for around £200 at Glisshop......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy