Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Contour Goggle Mount Problem

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, has anyone else got an issue with a Contour Plus 2 and the goggle mount? I can't get the disc that attaches to the camera to detach from it. It gets to the end and won't budge. Don't want to damage either (or give myself a hernia). Contour support have gone very quiet on me after sending me a video link involving a hairdryer (to remove stuck on mount from skateboard!) which I said wan't the issue.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pics or video might helps folks work out the issue!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If someone could let me know how to attach an image, I'll oblige Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@marksou,Shouldn't be a problem: I've got the earlier Contour GPS which this has the same rails which locate to the goggle mount, so it should just slide straight off.

The mount has a couple of nubs in the middle of its locating rails, which engage in recesses in the camera rail (below the "C" of the Contour logo - left side) to hold the cam firmly in place, and I think the end of the camera rail is designed so these are a tight fit to help stop the camera coming off inadvertently, so it could just be that yours are extra tight.

<edit> ... I trust you're trying to remove it at the door end, and not the lens end rolling eyes rolling eyes </edit>
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @geoffers
That's correct, but no matter how hard I try, it won't go past the door end. I'm just concerned about breaking the camera. Might try a bit of silicone spray.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 29-01-16 11:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The camera body is quite robust - more so than the plastic mount. If you can trap the camera with your fingers you should be able to eject the mount with your thumbs (probably best done seated).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Make sure you've not got any grit or anything stuck in the rails. You could try running the rail and mount part under a hot tap for a minute or so, see if the expansion in the plastic frees it off (obviously taking care not to waterlog the camera itself.)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A quick squirt with silicon spray did the trick Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy