Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll Advice Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Soll on Friday for 3 nights with a small group of mates (all competent skiers). I've had a good look through some previous threads and researched quite extensively but could do with a couple more pointers if possible.

We plan to ski to Shauffau on Friday pm, Westendorf on Saturday and Ellmau on Sunday (with some local skiing Friday night & Monday morning before departure). Does this look sensible? I'm particularly interested in whether Westendorf and Ellmau get busy with locals at the weekend?

Also has anyone done night tobogganing in Soll? A few of the guys are interested but I'm not sure whether it'll be worth the faff/ cost of heading back to the lifts in the evening on Saturday.

Finally, any good restaurant recommendations would be gratefully accepted both piste side and in resort.

I know it's been warm there this week but hopefully there's enough of a base there to ensure we get some half decent skiing.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Ed

Have been to Soll several times now and am quite familiar with the SkiWelt area.

I would recommend doing Sheffau on the Friday pm, Westendorf on the Saturday and then Ellmau and continue over to Going on the Sunday.
One of my favourite runs in the whole area would have to be the Ellmau home run (think it is run 80??) although the earlier this is skied the better as it can get quite busy and cut up later in the day. There are some nice runs in Going which tend to be fairly quiet and stay in good condition for most of the day.

Westendorf has some nice runs (110 and 120 and 11 in particular) but I am not to sure how busy it gets at the weekend. We have found weather and the conditions dramatically effect how busy it can be.

We tried the night tobogganing in Soll once which we booked through Crystal and didn't find it to be worth it as the conditions were not too good and wasn't worth paying the extra money for the evening lift pass. On another occasion we hired sledges during the day from the bottom of the Gondola station and thoroughly enjoyed it as the conditions were much better. (There is another toboggan run in Ellmau which we think looks better so that might be worth considering).

I don't think we have visited any bad restaurants on the piste although it might be worth trying to avoid the peak lunchtime periods. In Soll itself, the Whiskey Mule is good, especially if you fancy a good steak and there is a nice Italian restaurant (Can't remember the name but its on a corner, just heading away from the village centre, past the church and heading towards a lot of the Apartments).

I'm sure you will have a great time. Enjoy!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Tara,
Thanks for your quick reply and the tips about skiing in Ellmau and Going.
Your thoughts about tobogganing mirror my worries. When you say poor conditions was it icey or too slushy? Maybe we can just tag a couple of runs onto our night skiing to save buying another lift ticket.

Very much looking forward to it. For some reason I'm really hungry for a nice steak now!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy