Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine Guides Ski Mountaineering Course, Mt. Cook NZ

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tried or done the SMC course with Alpine Guides in NZ? Based out of Aoraki Mount Cook?

Looking to try more backcountry and learn Ski Mountaineering and this seems like a great summer option!

Just wondering if anyone had either: used Alpine Guides, skied the Mount Cook area or heard anything about them?

I'm a strong skier but no experience of the backcountry apart from minor bootpacks and hikes and what can be found off the sides of pistes.

[/url]http://www.alpineguides.co.nz/ski-mountaineering-course-details

Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Used Alpine Guides for a day heli-skiing on Mt Cook. It was simply guiding rather than instruction, but they were both engaging and professional.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. How did you find the terrain?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpine Guides is a long running business with a reputation for professionalism. The terrain near Mt Cook will give you every thing you ever needed and more. Go on line and google images of skiing Mt Cook area. Ignore the ones with ski lifts they are from the local Ski hills not the Mt Cook area.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My wife & I used them about 10 yrs ago for a 10 day mountaineering trip in the area- our guide was excellent. No idea about the ski guiding I'm afraid!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They use terrain to suit the group. Our heli-skiing had been delayed for 3 days due to high winds. All ski stations in the vicinity were closed down. We were expecting all the snow to be wind affected, but in fact they found us everything to gullies of powder down to spring on the lower pitches. Overall I would describe the terrain as interesting, but not challenging.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy