Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lufhansa + space for skis / boards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm flying back to Helsinki with Lufthansa in just over a week. Flight is GVA - MUC - HEL. Phoned Lufthansa today to check snowboard would be ok and was told they don't have any remaining space on the MUC - HEL leg. Apparently 50 sets of skis / boards are already booked on that flight...

So I plan to get to Geneva early and see what happens, but any suggestions of what to do if Lufthansa refuses to check in the snowboard bag? As I leave in Helsinki, and won't be urgently needing the board, it doesn't matter if it arrives a few days later. Thinking about potential cargo options.

thanks,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
With Lufthansa can't you take a snowboard as your normal checked bag? It wouldn't have occurred to me you could get to the airport and they say no. I'd do the same, get there early, act innocent and hopefully they will check it in fine. If not there seems to be a post office in Munich airport, http://www.munich-airport.de/en/consumer/shops/a-z/G/deutschepost/index.jsp. I'm sure it will cost an arm and a leg (call them to find out?), but then I'd be writing to Lufthansa to ask for the money. Travel insurance may also pay?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy