Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon brand - Any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is the Salomon brand any good. Looking to buy a pair of boots for my other half as they are on half price at https://www.pricedropdonkey.com/cheap-sports-and-leisure/winter-sports-deals My wife has been skiing for about decade, with on average 3 short trips each year. She had a fall five years ago when the binding came away from the ski so she has lost her confidence a little and now skis quite slow. So looking for a boot that would be comfortable, she always complains about rental boots pinching here toes and uncomfortable around the calves. So comfort and a good strong construction are top priority. Any advice or recommendation on brands would help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@GimmieSnow, There is nothing wrong with Salomon as a brand. They have been around for many years, initially making boots and binding, and then skis, and now a whole range of sports wear.

Buying boots because they are cheap online is not the way to get boots which are comfortable and fit well. In my opinion the only time you would buy boots online is if you already know they fit, because you have already worn that exact boot, or as an absolute minimum tried them on for an hour or so.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PowderAdict wrote:
@GimmieSnow, There is nothing wrong with Salomon as a brand. They have been around for many years, initially making boots and binding, and then skis, and now a whole range of sports wear.

Buying boots because they are cheap online is not the way to get boots which are comfortable and fit well. In my opinion the only time you would buy boots online is if you already know they fit, because you have already worn that exact boot, or as an absolute minimum tried them on for an hour or so.

Okay, thanks for the advice
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@GimmieSnow, it's like asking if BMW make good cars because I've seen a really good deal on a 7 series!

As @PowderAdict, if you want your partner to have comfortable appropriate boots then it really will be cheaper for you in the long run (£ and emotion) if you go to a decent boot fitter and get a pair they recommend and fit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy