Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot warmers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of boot warmers. I have seen them with a battery pack that clips onto the top of the boot and heat a sole insert. Do they work okay and if you fall is it game over the battery pack?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs SL has used them for years and claims she would not ski in January without them (although not needed in the last few days). Bear in mind they are not warmers as such, what they do is stop your feet getting cold, it does not make them warm. The batteries are quite robust, the main problem is the cable, which if you are not very careful get caught and damaged when sitting down on chair lifts and will eventually fail.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh that's great advice, I will be careful of that.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Used them for years. They do a great job of stopping your feet (toes mainly) from getting too cold. Rather than use the built in clip to attach the battery to the back of your boot (where cables and batteries are susceptible to being hit by chairlifts), pay a few extra quid to buy the clip which attaches to the power strap around your boots, allowing you to have the battery pack attached to the side of the boot where it will be out of the way.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
daughter has thermic powerpack set from snowandrock. they definitely help with her cold feet. only issue she had is that they are supplied with a 230V input and this meant we could not charge them on recent trip to BC (ie using a plug adapter did not help as the current is different). Minus 20 air temp so not ideal.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GimmieSnow, I have some in my boots. Not sure of make now but got them from CEM in Bicester in 2014 before we had a trip to Vermont early 2015 and they have been very good. No more moans from me. My batteries are attached to the power strap so are at the side as mentioned by @rob@rar, above and I have had no problems at all with them getting bashed on chair lifts. And mine worked ok in the US. We checked on that with Colin when we bought them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm surprised that the big manufactures are making 110v or 240v chargers these days (the batteries won't be mains voltage specific). I know that the current rechargeable versions have 100-240v chargers.

I've had Therm-ic insoles and battery packs for many years. The introduction of lithium-ion batteries, has provided better reliability and longer run times.

On a related US/Canada voltage issue, I found the Braun electric tooth brushes are now either 110v or 240V, but Phillips versions are 100-240v.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PowderAdict, thanks for that. I might take it up with snowandrock. we could not work out why they weren't charging (using a plug adapter) until a closer look at the plug supplied with the Thermics
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used to have boot heaters but I have gone over to heated socks. No cables and no hassle with fitting the system to the boots. THe battery pack is also close to the skin, so It doesn't loose effectiveness due to the cold. You can use different pairs of boots and even use the socks for other sports like winter cycling.

I guess the only downside is that socks wear out, which increases cost a bit. But they have lasted well and I had to replace heating elements on more than one occasion anyway with boot warmers because of damaging the cables.

In my experience heated socks are way better. I would never go back to boot warmers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy