Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich to Worgl/Jenbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was going to book the train in advance.

As I'm not sure what tickets can be transferred between rail operators and I'm not sure of the exact time on the day I'll arrive, was just going to leave getting tickets until I get there on the day.

Anyone know if this should be okay or best book in advance?

Thanks for any info.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know you can effectively get when it's gone it's gone "saver" fares through OBB for booking specific trains in advance.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@magd36, worth doing so via www.bahn.de because the ticket desk at Munich Airport seems to be unmanned more often these days leaving you at the mercy of a machine. The machine didn't like my credit card this weekend which meant going to get cash and shovelling notes in.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last New Year I got a train between the Arlberg and Jenbach. Meant to book in advance but hadn't got round to it and just bought the tickets in the railway station on the day. They ended up several Euros cheaper than I'd been quoted online, so personally I wouldn't be too bothered about the cost changing much.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Might even find that a Bayern Ticket (not sure if that's a Deutsche Bahn offer or an MVV one) to the border, plus an OEBB ticket from the border is cheaper than a DB ticket prebooked. Either way, that'll be a fixed price.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@magd36, If you go to the Deutsche Bahn web site (http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml) and look at the offers there is a special deal for train journeys that either start or end in a neighbouring country (I think it is called a Europa Special). The means you can start your and finish your journey at the airport and buy a ticket to Jenbach/Woergl using this offer. German railways have online ticketing so using your Smartphone for your ticket.

This is a fairly straightforward journey and is used by thousands every ski season for a variety of locations in the Zillertal. If for example you are going to Mayrhofen, you can buy a return ticket to and from there and display it on your phone. It covers the S-Bahn To Munich Ostbahnhof the mainline train to either Jenbach or Wörgl and then the narrow gauge railway along the Zillertal to Mayrhofen which is the terminus for the Zillertalbahn. If you are going on to Finkenberg or even Hintertux the ticket includes the onward buses.

I've used these tickets several times (not from the airport though, but from/back to Rosenheim to a variety destinations in neighbouring countries and they include all the public transport available.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Depends on when you're going but last year we had to stand all the way to Worgl and back as we bought tickets at the airport/station desk therefore no reserved seats (Saturday mornings). No problem going from Germany to Austria and different operators.

If it's likely to be busy then buying a ticket and reserving a seat would be the best bet. I've just bought advance tickets and seat reservations from Salzburg to Worgl for my son (12) and myself - first class for €50 (Sunday lunchtime). May mean hanging around a bit for the exact train but I'd rather sit and have lunch and then have a relaxed journey than have to stand all the way again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy