Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA ski carriage £110. Reasonable?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
You've fallen foul of rip off TO's @Mr Marmot,

BA have straightforward policy regarding baggage, ..... free ski carriage if you can pack into allowance criteria.

Looks like you are being conned by your TO.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It appears some people don't want advice !

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-elite-wheel-bag-407392?colcode=40739203

I've got one of these and get my snowboard, boots + all my kit for a week in it at around 20-23kg.

£20 and no worries about ski carriage costs.

Anyway is £110 expensive or not ??
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scarbski wrote:
Ah, to late they've headed off minus skis.

".............Hope you have a great time Marmots group. Smile

Thanks, scarbski. We had a great time. All the TYO skiers in the group hired instead and saved themselves £30-40.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
foxtrotzulu wrote:
What I found irritating about @Mr Marmot's approach was that he was still insisting that it was extortion and profiteering long after it became obvious to all and sundry that this was nothing more than a cock-up by the TO. A cock-up that the rest of us could see in five seconds flat. There was clearly more pleasure to be gained from righteous indignation about the immoral ways of airlines and TOs than from just getting the problem sorted.

Well that certainly proves you haven't read the whole thread!

I only ever asked if £110 was a reasonable charge for ski carriage. I never asked for unsolicited advice. I accepted that the 'ideas' offered for avoiding the charge were interesting, but evidently not 'interesting' enough to those affected in our group when I put those ideas to them.

The snide comments and rudeness from some on here when their unsolicited advice is ignored is only mildly irritating to me but does tend to spoil an otherwise pretty good forum.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mr Marmot, I did read the whole thread. For what it's worth I thought all the ski bag suggestions too much of a pain and I wouldn't have done them either. However, the £110 charge was clearly an error so the question of whether it was reasonable or not is irrelevant. Suppose a Supermarket mis-labels a pint of milk and puts price of £10.00 on it I'd hardly waste my time asking if it was a reasonable price I'd just find the manager and get the thing sorted out.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
foxtrotzulu wrote:
@Mr Marmot, I did read the whole thread. For what it's worth I thought all the ski bag suggestions too much of a pain and I wouldn't have done them either. However, the £110 charge was clearly an error so the question of whether it was reasonable or not is irrelevant. Suppose a Supermarket mis-labels a pint of milk and puts price of £10.00 on it I'd hardly waste my time asking if it was a reasonable price I'd just find the manager and get the thing sorted out.

If you can understand that one week before our trip our Tour Operator revised the ski carriage charges up from £60 to £110 and when we queried this new price they confirmed it was absolutely correct and needed to be paid too BA at check in and if you can understand that none of my fellow travellers had confidence in the suggestions offered by Snowheads and if you can understand that I only ever asked if anyone thought that £110 ski carriage was an unreasonable charge (which I certainly did), you should also understand that some comments made by you and others were sarcastic, rude and arrogant. There is too much of this on Snowheads. Surely there is no need for this in a community of people sharing the same interests. Can we not show each other a bit more respect? I'd help you if you had an accident on the mountain and you'd probably help me, so why are there so many antagonistic posts on this forum?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Marmot wrote:

The snide comments and rudeness from some on here when their unsolicited advice is ignored is only mildly irritating to me but does tend to spoil an otherwise pretty good forum.

I'd say the perfectly reasonable advice was perfectly reasonable and intended to help you. But it appears you only wanted an extended whine and everyone to agree with you and in fact argued against the he advice at every turn. It wasn't even your problem apparently which makes your determination to have an extended whine even more strange.

Rule 7
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hello circle, hello circle, hello circle, hello.

Quote:

I only ever asked if anyone thought that £110 ski carriage was an unreasonable charge

No its not, and everyone agreed that it is not, BUT also pointed out it was never the charge you had to pay for ski carriage anyway!

Quote:

Suppose a Supermarket mis-labels a pint of milk and puts price of £10.00 on it I'd hardly waste my time asking if it was a reasonable price I'd just find the manager and get the thing sorted out.

Exactly.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy