Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmeyour supermarket and ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Finally bit the bullit yesterday and have booked DIY trip for 12th to 20th Feb 8 nights and 7 days skiing, were staying in Pre St Didier which is 4km down the valley. We're self catering, any advice on supermarket to get the main shopping at, and which ski rental places are good, would prefer to use one on plan Checruit so we can leave skis and boots there overnight, or are there ones for general use? Will probably do a day or two in LA Thuile also.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a supermarket on the Via Regionale on the way into Courmayer from where you will be, not sure if it's the best but it was ok for me.

I think the ski hire I used when I was with Inghams was Lo Chalet up on Plan Checruit. The intermediate skis they gave me were virtually brand new and probably the best I've ever hired.

I'd recommend the run down from Plan Checruit to the gondola, it's absolutely amazing. It must be a very tight hairpined road in the summer, in winter its a proper mini downhill! Well that's what I used it for anyway, wait till it's quiet and go for it - be careful on the bends!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your lift pass will also cover a day in some other Aosta valleys, which are well worth a visit. If you're interested I that, storing the skis up on the mountain in Courmayeur becomes less useful. Do you have a car and, if so, will it fit skis in if you want to try out one of the other resorts?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies, we will have a hire car, haven't booked it yet, longest skis will be 170cm, will they fit in a Fiat Panda or should we go for a Golf etc. We're there for 7 days so will have a couple of days at LA Thuile, or maybe the other way round, it depends on my son who's not great in the car on winding roads, and we plan for will be in ski school for 5 mornings.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd recommend a day out in Pila, which is a lovely little resort.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@sugarmoma666, yes I agree we've had a day there before, bit reluctant this time though as I believe it's popular with UK school trips at half term, something we're trying to avoid.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apart from the one in Courmayeur previously described, there are big supermarkets in Aosta that are open really late, the Carrefour until 11pm I think.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy