Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - booking via tourist office, advice pls

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Does anyone have experience of booking accommodation in Tignes through the tourist office?

I've "booked"an apartment for Easter (2 April) on their website but it's all a bit unclear whether it's confirmed (the website said "we'll check it's available and let you know").

After booking, I received an email saying they would send me a form to complete and sign. Seriously, in 2016? For an online transaction?

I've paid a deposit online and the balance is due a month before arrival. It appears in the "my bookings"section as a reservation.

Has anyone used the tignes.net accommodation booking and do they really post something for you to sign and return?

An email to the tourist office was unanswered.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to France - the home of bits of paper and much bureaucracy! As an example it is still a nation of writing cheques (apart from the Under 25s) and everything you do requires ID and lots of proof. That said you have picked a great resort but as Tignes Dev they are effectively acting as agents between the property owner (and in the case of some of the deals that they offer the Lift Company and the operators of the pool etc) it is not unreasonable to expect a short delay. Please consider that the owner of the apartment may be marketing it through several agents. In sum - not all countries have embraced the internet as wholly as the UK.. yet.

As I was told when I was buying an apartment over here: "Its not wrong its different"
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah, but it's not just different, it's worse - ten days on and I still don't know if I've actually got a valid booking. No booking form has arrived, no replies to my emails. If I phone,I expect I'll be invited to pop in and see them!

If I thought I had any chance of cancelling and getting the deposit back, I'd just book something else but I can guarantee I'd get a "but you booked the apartment and we were going to send you a letter" brush-off.

Has anyone booked accommodation through the tourist office and did it, eventually, work out ok?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have booked accommodation through tourist offices several times, though not in Tignes and not recently. Back in the day when email was new, a lot was still done by phone. There was often uncertainty and sometimes hilarious confusion but everything always worked out OK in the end. Hope it does for you!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy