Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica FireArrow F4 boots - adjustments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
Here are some dumb questions from somebody who probably should know better...

On the back of my FireArrow boots there is an adjuster marked "Adj Progression" which requires an allen-key to move. I assume that this is to adjust the flex of the boot. One side is marked '+', the other '-'. Is '+' stiffer or softer? I cannot feel any real difference between the settings and the leaflet that came with the boots is useless; all hieroglyphics and weird stick-man diagrams and applies to every boot in the Nordica range.

Similarly, there is a wedge attached to the back of the inner via Velcro. The hieroglyphs suggest that I might want to raise it up, lower it, or move it from side to side. What will this achieve?

(Boots are four years old now and are still going strong)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a pair of Firearrows which had the same adjuster. Nver actually worked out what the things were meant to do but a bit of laying wit the adjusters and simply looking what they did as well as trying them on and max adn min settings soon told me what they were!
From memory mine had sideways lean/cant adjustment on +/- allen keys as well as flex.

The wedge (also had it on other boot liners) again needs to be set up according to what feels most comfortable and what helps or hinders your ski-ing and the feel of the boot under movement. I'm sure that someone more expert will explain it better, but I just again tried and played. I think it's meant to take up or allow room according to the thickness (or not) of your rear lower leg, calf, etc. It will also change the pressure of your boot cuffs' rear and hence perhaps your flex, rebound, overall forward lean etc (in theory).

BTW - I managed to bust the allen key fit on mine (the adjusters); standard stupidly-soft metal. Not cheap or easy or replace, either! Apparently, I was told by a shop, I wasn't meant to play with them... rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy