Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb half term

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I've had a read through the sticky but just wanted some quick advise, we are off to morzine late February, roughly when is the busiest week of the feb half term? Sorry to be a pain as I'm sure you've answered this boring question many times, cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Isn't UK half term one week from 13th Feb? Or do you mean French holidays?

If the latter, I think it depends on which resorts, some are more Francophile than others. I don't know about Morzine personally, but I assume it is mainly Brits. TOs seem to classify the last two weeks of February as "Mid-High".
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Middle 2 weeks of Feb have 2 French zones on half term as well as one of these weeks being UK hols.

http://www.halftermdates.co.uk/school-holidays-france.htm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was the French holidays I meant, it was more out of curiously of somebody's first hand experience of the area at that time of year I suppose, as either way we are not bothered how busy it is, I prefer a que for a lift than a day at work that's for sure Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
W/c 27 Feb will be OK with only 1 out of 3 French zones on holiday (unfortunately Paris). The previous week (w/c 20 Feb) will be very busy - 2 French zones plus the Dutch.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So it's looking busy for us then, we arrive on the 25th so right in the heart of it, I'm sure it will just add to the atmosphere haha
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When aren't the French children on school holidays? Seem to be constantly on holidays plus the fact some don't even go on a Wednesday! Also the peages get so crammed full of traffic at the toll booths on ski change over day. Not pleasant if you live down here.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@emmaski, the French winter holidays in February /March are staggered so that they're not all on holiday at the same time. Seems sensible to me and means there are four peak weeks for businesses throughout the region. If you live in the Alps, tough. As it is for people in holiday areas of the UK, such as Cornwall. I suspect you'll not get a lot of sympathy from Snowheads, many of whom would love to live in the Alps.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@emmaski - but they go to school on Saturdays -
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PAMW...staggering holidays is all when and good but then the locals then have a month of kids on the slopes it wipes out 5 weeks of what already is a very late season. If you could see what a joy the slopes are outside of the holidays then you would know how us locals feel!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@emmaski,
Quote:

If you could see what a joy the slopes are outside of the holidays then you would know how us locals feel
I think @pam w, knows what the slopes are like outside holiday times as she spends most of the winter in Les Saisies.

We don't enjoy crowded slopes so will be back to the UK in a couple of weeks for four weeks. We used to take our children skiing for Christmas and New Year and occasionally at February half term, but never to France.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Pamski, indeed. I spend plenty of uncrowded weeks in the French alps with entire slopes to myself. If here at New Year I go xc skiing, walking or snowshoeing. Or even rent a bike down at Lake Annecy. if the weather's grotty I stay in the warm and read, to improve my French. Its a damn hard life, I tell you. wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@emmaski, which is your local ski area?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't really understand the February drama. I've done a lot of my skiing in January so I really know what it is like to have empty mountains and yet I have rarely found even Feb HT in France so busy it significantly impairs my enjoyment. It does help if you can avoid travelling Saturdays, are happy to eat lunch late or early and are savvy about avoiding the bottleneck lifts and peak times. But do that and all is good.

Actually, suspect comfort skiing at the edge or off the edge of the piste helps too.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We can't wait that's for sure, we were fully aware of it being half term when we booked, in some ways it will add to the atmosphere if it's busier, that's what I keep saying to myself anyway Laughing
ski holidays
jedster wrote:
I don't really understand the February drama. I've done a lot of my skiing in January so I really know what it is like to have empty mountains and yet I have rarely found even Feb HT in France so busy it significantly impairs my enjoyment. It does help if you can avoid travelling Saturdays, are happy to eat lunch late or early and are savvy about avoiding the bottleneck lifts and peak times. But do that and all is good.

Actually, suspect comfort skiing at the edge or off the edge of the piste helps too.

Agreed. If you want to experience busy, try Cairngorm or Glenshee on a sunny weekend, and all to share a t-bar jammed uncomfortably half way up the back of my thigh with one of my kids wink

I do the first and last week of French winter holidays each year and it's fine. Enjoy the scenery and a chinwag.
snow report
grazzenger wrote:
jedster wrote:

Agreed. If you want to experience busy, try Cairngorm or Glenshee on a sunny weekend, and all to share a t-bar jammed uncomfortably half way up the back of my thigh with one of my kids wink

I do the first and last week of French winter holidays each year and it's fine. Enjoy the scenery and a chinwag.

Same view here, especially if it is a resort you know well and can avoid any of the busier bottle necks. Last 5 years with the family have always been at half term in various resorts and never had mega queues. In fact the biggest queue i've been in over the last few years wasnt in half term.

Of course they are busier, that's not in question but its never been carnage, of to Val d'isere in 20 days for the first time with the family so fingers crossed that run continues.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy