Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bode draws no. 30 after bib ceremony no-show.

Poster: A snowHead
Much to the demise of the thousands of Bode groupies that were hoping to catch just a glimpse of him at the Lauberhorn DH bib ceremony, he was a no-show. He will start number 30 instead of 27 for Saturdays Downhill in Wengen, Switzerland. Earlier on Friday, he failed to get a DQ reversed after straddling a gate near the finish of the slalom portion of the Super Combi event. He was leading the field by 1.11 sec at that point.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So, how will he do in the race?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Much to the demise of the thousands of Bode groupies

... which suggests that thousands of Bode groupies dropped dead, Jacques!

Could you check on that, because it deserves a screaming headline.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, it was quite a carnage so we decided to join him for a beer and a laugh at a secret little watering hole down in Lauterbrunnen. I think maybe 3rd or 4th tomorow depends how bad the hangover is.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jacques, you're back!

So, more disrespect from that petulant child. Now he's disapointing his fans too. Don't tell me, he had to get back to his camper van and couldn't be ars*d to get back on the train. Sulking about his DQ. The straddle, by the way, was absolutely clear to anyone watching and the slo-mo proved it - my granny could have coasted in from there and win it. Did Georgio Rocca complain about his DQ? I doubt it, he's a professional.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jacques,
Quote:

3rd or 4th tomorow
dream on.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

a beer and a laugh

Will he be wasted tomorrow then?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No, no, not to worry John. He only does that before slalom events. Downhill is much more dangerous....and then there is the recent media blitz and the fans to think about (keep them guessing you know), absolutely not, he'll be in fine shape.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jacques wrote:
Yes, it was quite a carnage so we decided to join him for a beer and a laugh at a secret little watering hole down in Lauterbrunnen.

Is that the one on the far side of the village, heading away from the valley, you go round the back of a restaurant, and up steps along the side of the building?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat, can't be. That one's not secret....it's the only one people know about wink wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Actually it's the village below Wengen. It was magic. We wore disguises and took the train down which was empty. We pressed our noses and bare bottoms against the windows to the delight of the fans heading up to Wengen.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jacques, yeah, I mean in Lauters - get off the train, turn left, and go along that road. When it turns left, you go straight on. The bar is about 150m along there, on the right, behind a restaurant.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elizabeth B, It's the one where I heard this version of a "classic 80s rock anthem"
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can't get the link to work....but I'm guessing it's something truely awful!! Have spent many an evening wishing that the DJ had a beter CD collection.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo - they've deleted it!
ski holidays
Bode did the same no-show in Chamonix last year and got docked the start positions. Getting a bit fed up with him to be honest - He'll end up skiings answer to Gazza - the flawed genius (Though I admit they are poles apart, no pun intended Smile

Just watched the SC from Wengen and thought the coverage was excellent with things like candid clips in the start and finish area, Raich & Walchhofer chatting, Bode looking miffed etc. Often you don't even get a view of the winner at the end (As happened when Defago at least thought he'd won in Val)

Didn't look to be many in the crowd though - presumably a work day in Wengen for the locals but I'm sure we'd all be chucking a sickie if they decided to hold a FIS round at Castleford one friday... snowHead
snow report
Does Bode care about his fans ? My wife has emailed the Bode website so many times in a year ive lost count just to get an autograph but with no luck Confused (maybe they didnt want to pay the postage to send it over the pond Laughing )
latest report
Chris Brookes, Doubt he has anything much to do with the website, but he's the guy who signs the most autographs of all the racers at events as a rule...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy