Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suddenly, global warming becomes irrelevant....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/FMqADdsVmwQ

Re-defines 'rock skis'...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 22-01-16 16:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And of course the old favourite:

http://youtube.com/v/x7bZ7EW4YMQ
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sod that! Do you ski in kevlar outfits? A question that probably says lots about my ability.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Id love to see the bottom of those skis after that
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hotchy, I thought that was how you did a base stone grind Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I actually have a bit of a problem with that. When I was a kid in the early '70s we used to be taken to the Lake District, North Wales etc. and amongst other things we used to do 'scree running.' It wasn't seen a much of a problem in those days but now pretty much every scree slope in the Lakes and North Wales has been run out (and most in Scotland) and it is now pretty heavily frowned upon. Sad really as it was great fun but it does a huge amount of damage to the scree slopes; the ground under the scree is exposed to erosion and overall the damage to the mountain is enormous. This practise is going to strip the scree slopes much faster, though I guess it's not likely to become that popular.

Sorry to be a party pooper as it does look a real gas but...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

This practise is going to strip the scree slopes much faster

So what ? Them scree slopes is ugly mothers ! Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MadMountainMan wrote:
we used to do 'scree running.'

I still bear the scars. Skullie
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beeryletcher wrote:
Quote:

This practise is going to strip the scree slopes much faster

So what ? Them scree slopes is ugly mothers ! Twisted Evil

Believe me, a run out scree slope is much more ugly and totally unnatural looking.

@laundryman, Laughing Toofy Grin Oh Yes!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ooops sorry thovex vid didn't play - now it does….I hope
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MadMountainMan wrote:
I actually have a bit of a problem with that. When I was a kid in the early '70s we used to be taken to the Lake District, North Wales etc. and amongst other things we used to do 'scree running.' It wasn't seen a much of a problem in those days but now pretty much every scree slope in the Lakes and North Wales has been run out (and most in Scotland) and it is now pretty heavily frowned upon. Sad really as it was great fun but it does a huge amount of damage to the scree slopes; the ground under the scree is exposed to erosion and overall the damage to the mountain is enormous. This practise is going to strip the scree slopes much faster, though I guess it's not likely to become that popular.

Okay, so how much impact are a small bunch of loons rock skiing going to have on the mountain compared to let's say a couple of hundred ski lifts hauling a few hundred thousand skiers per hour up the hill?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
...just to be clear to all the literalista...

The original title of the post is...

ironic
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
...just to be clear to all the literalista...

The original title of the post is...

ironic
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
uktrailmonster wrote:
MadMountainMan wrote:

Okay, so how much impact are a small bunch of loons rock skiing going to have on the mountain compared to let's say a couple of hundred ski lifts hauling a few hundred thousand skiers per hour up the hill?

1. I did say that it is not likely to be very popular so not that big an issue.
2. Apart from their actual presence ski tows and lifts do little to damage the environment. In the case of a tow there's normally this strange layer of white stuff between the skis and the ground.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MadMountainMan wrote:

1. I did say that it is not likely to be very popular so not that big an issue.
2. Apart from their actual presence ski tows and lifts do little to damage the environment. In the case of a tow there's normally this strange layer of white stuff between the skis and the ground.

I think point 2 is highly debatable! The impact of huge mechanised ski resorts on the environment has been debated for years and many studies seem to think it's pretty negative. I just thought it was a bit hypocritical to have a problem with these guys while presumably supporting mass snow skiing. I expect neither are good for the environment, but I'd be surprised if anyone ever publishes a study on the environmental damage caused by rock skiing!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy