Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier - Chalet tom kitten

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any experience of this Chalet or some good advice about the resort? I am off their on Feb 25th with 5 girls (I am the only guy) and I want to make sure I keep them entertained Very Happy .

I have not skied in Switz so it will be a new experience. I know Verb is known for its high prices but maybe you guys know some money saving tips?

Thanks,

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By the sound of things its not skiing advice that i would be asking for!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I put an advert in the other catagory of a B&B we used over new year for verbier
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I put an advert in the other catagory of a B&B we used over new year for verbier

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11947
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Chalet Tom Kitten"? Sounds like a nice pussy to me... Twisted Evil

mrlossyman, Verbier, only been once, it rocked. Get a new credit card.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I concur with David on that - the place is way over priced this season in comparison to other venues 40 mins drive away.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Although, obelix67, the skiing is generally pretty awesome and the off-piste amazing. One of those destination resorts that you really have to ski in at least once.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Aye I will give you that - that is one of the things I am trying to do this season on weekends and my remaining 2 weeks snow leave to see how many resorts I can get round in commutable distance from Lausanne, I get more of a pass if I am going up mountain rather than down to the pub to watch football rolling eyes

Although 1 of the 2 weeks will be at Port du Soliel with wife n brats snowHead

I am glad I went up to experience it, will be back up there as I have mates working there - but they want to head over to Chamonix on their days off snowHead ah well it could be worse

I hope I never have to do a new year up there again though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

you guys know some money saving tips?

stay out of the Farm Club snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Come on guys (and gals) I was expecting some of those replies!!

I was hoping you'd point me in the direction of 2 fo 1 happy hours
Cheap Drinking
Cheap Eating

I was also expecting " Chalet Tom Kitten is the place to find pussy" but didn't quite get that reply Very Happy !

Any more tips?

Not:

Use a condom, have an early night before skiing, etc etc....

snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK mrlossyman, there's stuff elsewhere on here, but IMO it's not much more expensive to eat, pizza and drink wine and beer than it is in Brighton.

Best happy hour is the Pub Mont Fort between 4 and 6pm. Food in there is good value too. As you're in an Ingham's chalet I guess the best value food is that you've paid for already in the chalet though! Relais des Neiges opposite the Medran is authentically swiss and good value. Drink Swiss wine, it's very good, but drink it by the carafe which is best value. Bottles are generally much more expensive.

On the mountain there are no really cheap places. Best value is the tuna salad roll and chocolate brownie at the Cabane Mont Fort, not a bad view either.

Ski Bruson and stay down in Le Chable for the evening. Good choice of venues now, John's Le Rosbif is renowned for it's pizzas, Alex now has a super bar in Les Ruinetttes and the Gietro has a good restaurant. The cash you save pays for your taxi up the hill!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great response thanks!

Do you know if the chalet is walking distance to town? The brochure says 800m but they usually paint a good picture to get you to book! I intend preparing food each morning before we go skiing and eating packed lunches on the slopes. I think that way I can afford to sample some good nights out!

If I remember right Geneva is outside the EU meaning you can purchase alcohol at reduced prices, this will also come in handy!

Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mrlossyman,
Quote:

If I remember right Geneva is outside the EU meaning you can purchase alcohol at reduced prices, this will also come in handy!

As is the whole of Switz so duty free booze is yours for the taking. I've got a feeling that Tom Kitten is up towards savolyeres, but can't be sure. Verbier's not a big place and as long as you're no super lardy back bottom everywhere is walking distance. Best bet is to finish your night in the Pub Mont Fort, pretty much everywhere is downhill from there!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy I'm no lardy so I should be ok!!

If I get a little tipsy I'm sure those 5 sexy girls with me can carry me home and put me to bed Madeye-Smiley

Now there's wishful thinking!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Went to Tom Kitten in '87, it s not too badly placed and we did ski back to it once - not worth it and memory hazy. It is near the sports centre on the main drag. Nice little chalet with good southerly views - when I was there... and a v nice chalet girl called Lucinda..!!

A fair walk in ski boots top Medran but the post bus is about 50 mtrs a way or so...!!
ski holidays
mrlossyman, Hi was considering the same chalet and was wondering if you are aware of the group dynamics of the rest of the chalet for the same week. Many thanks

Bob
snow conditions
savolyeres is a lovely sunny part, with nice flattering blues and reds. there is also a great restaurant on a outcrop up there, with fab views. the ski bus goes up that way, if it is too far to walk. les esserts is the easy beginner blue that is sort of on it's own.
Le rouge is a great cafe, but everywhere is pricy in verbier (be warned!).

Medran is the other main lift and that has loads of stuff too. There are some nice blues at the top. the mont fort area is great for off-piste i believe but I haven't really explored that part much (broken arm and pregnancies preventing exciting skiing). Medran is really busy and a bit of a scrum in the mornings.

If you need a ski school (or guide - apparantly nobody has lessons in verbier wink ) bramble ski are good - they do chalets and ski guiding/instruction (my friend works with them) and also ski la fantastique are alright too.

There is offshore which is kind of surf themed and does burgers, and there is al capones which does a weird meat rotisserie - a speciality of the area, and also does fantastic pizza. sometimes it does lunchtime deals. If you are up by savolyeres you will also be by al capones.
ski holidays
Bobby10, the original post is 6 years old!
ski holidays
doh!!!! rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy