Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone been to Andorra?

Poster: A snowHead
Im on a budjet this year!
off to andorra for me!
Pas de la casa.
anyone been?
Neil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Neil,
welcome dude.
heading over there on 29th Jan so will be happy to give you the low down on my return. Very Happy
when you over?
Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi mate and thanks!

Im over in Half term feb. One of our group is a school teacher so we can only go during half term Sad
lucky shes a good friend! £100 more coz of half term and we had to shop around alot of that! Where in Andorra are you going? Im going to Pas de la casa. I have been to Arinsal and pal before.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went to soldeau about 12 years ago and loved it, but I was young, alcohol was cheap and young female students were all over the place...happy memories. I still do wake in the night occasionally remembering the length of the transfer from tolouse though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Neil, Do a search for Andorra. There must be dozens of threads with as much info as you could ever need. That is probably why none of the "old hands" have really bothered to answer you. It's been done so many times.
It's a good enough resort. I'm taking the family at the same time as roastingdave, . More importantly it looks like the snow is bwtter than a lot of the French/Italian resorts with more forecast this coming week. Yippee!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Going to Soldeu tomorrow - hooray! Anyone know how the slopes are holding up?

Neil, Pas is fine, ClubMed type thing if you want but you can keep your head down aswell and there are some nice quieter bars and restaurants if you avoid the reps and idiots....

Skiing is enjoyable cruising - 200k so will keep you occupied - problem is lack of vertical drops - too much ski-lift-ski lift - go over to Soldeu side if you prefer it more varied.

Enjoy!

Kevin Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah i heard it was a 18-30 type theme and even thou im only 25 it wasnt what i was looking for. this thing is its (as always) a budjet trip and soldeu was either to pricey or fully booked. so pas it is.
I like it varied and long! cant satand 30mins queing, 30 mins on lift and 5 min skiing. Thats typical i found of arinsal.
have a good trip Drkpower. let me know how it goes.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Neil

A friend and I just came back from a week in Pas.

Runs: I found the runs down to the resort to be pretty poor. The blues have queues a mile long as they're all used by the ski schools (who get priority and just push in in front), and the long red that runs down from the Font Negre lift has a couple of tight, busy corners and then once you're in open space it's a bit tedious. That lift is also pretty hair-raising Happy Heading down the back of Pas into Grau Roig is a better bet, with Llarga and Pala Nova are better, but still challenging enough for a half-decent intermediate (like me). If you're up for a bigger challenge, Diagonal and Grandalles are both on that side of the mountain. They intertwine with the blacks on that side, and they're virtually black themselves in places. They attract more "committed" skiers, shall we say. We steered well clear Smile

Resort: Which hotel are you staying in? We stayed in the Camellot, which is nominally 3* although the food is decidedly 2* and the beds all but 1*, which isn't good after a hard day of skiing. We ventured out to a couple of restaurants that were actually quite good. However, the days of everything being dirt cheap are long gone. Expect to pay £2.50-£3.00 for a large beer, and £1.50 for a Coke. There wasn't much in the way of "loutish" behaviour when we were there, in fact the bars were all but deserted.

Any questions drop me a line or post here, and I'll answer them if I can.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
went to pas 2 years ago at end of jan. had an absolute fab time. apartment was basic but clean. skiing is better over the back in grau roig. i didnt find it too crowded & the pistes were well looked after. it is cheap & cheerful but well worth going to - i would go back. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just returned from Andorra / Gandvalira. http://www.grandvalira.com/

Weather was very good on saturday, sunday was cloudy and snowing a little bit.

I am a beginner, so I didn't use many slopes. I stayed around the El Tarter beginner area. I also had snowboard lessons on both days, which were very good and I did improve my spanish a bit.

The first day I took a blue run down, but it seemed harder than blue. A lot of people were carrying their skis / snowboards down.

I traveled in a bus with a larger group and the bus took us each day from/to the slopes. We never had to queue at lifts or cable cars.

Here are some pictures: http://snowheads.com/wiki/El_Tarter

I'll probably go again in a few weeks time, unless I go somewhere in Catalunya.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 26-01-06 15:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Neil, they have some cracking deals on electricals too, as there's no duty to pay. Hope you have a great time!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cdamian, we are there from 5th February for a week.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Exellent everyone! sounds great. so what bars/pubs are good?
cant wait to get out onto the slopes! I will be there feb half term. 12th to 19th. anyone else there then?
Hope thje electricals are cheap. i wouldnt mind buying a cheap camcorder for the slopes.
Our hotel doesnt have any spare lockers for the week we are there. are there lockers avalible else where?
cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
which resort are you staying in Neil?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pas JONR.
snow conditions
Paul Mason, Might see ya at the airport on the other side of the gate! ha ha
Will prob take your seat on the coach! Keep it warm for me Smile
snow conditions
hi neil, ok i've been to soldeu 3 times so was going to tell you where the lockers etc were, but that won't be any use to you as you are going to Pas!
snow conditions
ok mate. cheers anyway
ski holidays
Neil, we were in Pas last year and we kept our skis in a hut underneath one of the cafe's right on the slopes. Very reasonable price - I think we paid €10 for two of us for the week. It was very handy for a pint afterwards. Go up the hill - or down the hill depending on where you are staying till you hit McDonalds. Cross the road and go past the ski shop on the corner turn right - on the slope side and the first hut you come to will sort you out.

I will try and keep your seat warm but I doubt it - we fly to Gerona not Toulouse !
snow report
Cheers paul.
will check it out. Is it safe? I like the idea of skiing straight into the town and to the hotel but dont know how realistic that is?! Knowing me i will get hit by a car!
shame your not out a week later. we could have had a beer.
ski holidays
Beware, alcohol is the refreshment of the Devil. Pas de la Casa is the church of the Devil, beware of your sacrafices. My prayers are with you. Good luck my child. Twisted Evil
latest report
Smallzookeeper.......... Thanks! I dont mind a drink here and there and a good night out "with me boys" lol but i have heard a few bad things about Pas. if i had a choice it would have be soldeu (actually tell a lie, if i had had a choice it would have been US's Vail) But as always Money is the key deciding factor and Soldeu was fully booked at our accomodations price brackets.

Does anyone know how much a Ski lift pass is? I would like to get the Grand-something or the other (the one that gives you full access, easy lads i meant to all the slopes!) Think its actually called Grandvalira lift pass. cheers. and is it cheaper to buy one from somewhere or someone else out there or is it all the same price?

Cheers.
snow report
World ski wants for lift passes
£145.13 for sunday 12th to saturday the 18th.
if i wait the extra day and not ski as soon as i get there (that will be tough)
£125.00 for Saturday 13th to saturday 18th Sad

and im not sure its even the grandvalira. might just be pas
latest report
Neil, you will need a grandvalira pass (192km of slopes).

Dont worry about the "Ibiza" on ice that is regularly promoted by people who probably havent been recently. It may be "Ibiza" on ice but its Figeretas, Playa Den Bossa or Es Cana.

I thought the nightlife was quite quiet - Underground was the best bar.

Most TO sell lift passes on the bus from the airport. They guarantee you wont get it cheaper and so far (5 trips) I havent seen it cheaper.
latest report
Cool thanks paul. Any idea how much the Grandvalira lift pass is?
snow report
Neil, For lift passes over 1 day you can only get whole area passes (i.e. Grandvalira), the resort website is quoting €180 for 6 days and €219 for 7 days. Hope this helps
latest report
Neil

Just back from week in Soldeu (15-22nd Jan). Whole area is skiing well thanks to a few cms of snowfalll from Mon to Wed but some runs (especially the home runs into Soldeu) are getting icy. Ive been there for 3 of the last years in early January and it is at least on a par with average conditions for the time of year. All lifts are open and it is beautifully quiet mid-week. It certainly could do with snow between now and next week but even without it, it will prpbably hold up reasonably well - the temperatures were cold but Friday and Saturday were scorchers which was great to ski in but not so good for holding the snow.

Im not sure how people are complaining about queues. Apart from one or two bottle necks (ie. single 4 man up from Grau Roig towards Soldeu in afternoon) i didnt have to wait for longer than one minute at any lift. January is quiet there in my experience except at the weekend.

GV lift pass was 165 euro (we actually got 2 for 1 deal)- im not sure if that is low or high season but the prices you were qouted seem a bit hefty Neil - not that i would ever want to plug Panorama, but their office in Soldeu, ( they have one in Pas at the hotel Olympiades) was selling them for that price - worth giving them a call if you can get the number?

I wouldnt bother with the extra days LP as i cant imagine you arrive any earlier than the afternoon (what with the 4 hr transfer) and as the weekends are the busiest you may not get much value for the days skiing..

Enjoy

Kevin
snow conditions
drkpower,
Glad you had a good week away and great to get a first hand report.
Do you mind me asking how you managed a 2for1 on the lift pass Very Happy and was that 165 euro for the two..... Razz if so you got a cracker their. I was just on the GV website and its 180euro high season for 6days. Sad

Been checking oot snow-forcast.com on their new mapping system and it is looking like a lot of decent cloud and plummiting temps by the end of next week so hopfully a wee top up for all the troops heading on 28/29th Laughing Cool

cheers again. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm off to Arinsal on the 29th snowHead snowHead and the snow event at the end of the week has been upgraded. Woo hoo.
snow report
roastingdave,

2 for 1 lift pass offer was from Panorama for certain dates and accomodations and unfortunately they didnt offer it unless you went with them for the full package. I cant remember exactly but i think it applies to January 8th, 15th and 22nd departure (and a couple of late March ones) when going to certain accomodation - gernerally of the cheap and cheerful type - ie. Bellavista Soldeu and Sandy IV Pas de la Casa amongst others.

Im sure you can find the exact details on the Panorama brochure or website. Panaorama were selling LP for 165 from their office but it was LS at the time, i suppose.

My deal was ex Dublin to Bellavista for 6 people - worked out at 430 euro a head including LP. Definitely a bargain but the downside is Panorama reps trying to sell u poo-poo all week long - ah well, u cant have everything!!!!!

Enjoy - and go to Fat Alberts for Apres from 5 - remarkably witty "host" (Video Darryl) and remarkably good band!!

Kevin
ski holidays
Wow! First time i noticed the editing of dodgy phrases in action!!!!!!!!!! - poo poo??? i can see why its used but it does make me sound like a bit of a t**t.
latest report
Paul where are you staying, have you heard any new snow reports, i'm there sunday too.
snow conditions
Hi Crock

looks like your in luck - 168cm forecast over the next 7 days!

I'm there on the 19th so hopefully they'll be some left over for me
snow report
Whatacrock, I'm getting a little worried about the transfer now. I want light snow up till Sunday, then on Monday, bring it on Twisted Evil
The last time I was in Andorra we had knee deep powder on piste, and I think we may be heading that way again!!

I'm stopping at the St Gothard. I think it's a little out of Arinsal, but it was cheap for a half board hotel! Where are you stopping?
snow report
I am here in Soldeu and since last night we have had 25 to 30 cm of powder and temp of minus 10 deg Toofy Grin only thing wrong is that we have to leave tomorrow as someone else is paying to st Puzzled ay in the apartment Sad Oh and did I mention that it is forecast to continue snowing until Monday Shocked
snow conditions
I am here in Soldeu and since last night we have had 25 to 30 cm of powder and temp of minus 10 deg Toofy Grin only thing wrong is that we have to leave tomorrow as someone else is paying to st Puzzled ay in the apartment Sad Oh and did I mention that it is forecast to continue snowing until Monday Shocked
ski holidays
Dypcdiver wrote:
I am here in Soldeu and since last night we have had 25 to 30 cm of powder and temp of minus 10 deg Toofy Grin

Madeye-Smiley Cool
I see one problem though, arriving on Sunday, need to get to Soldeu via coach, must get through, MUST GET THROUGH !!!!!
latest report
rob and sharon,
Check out the web cams - happy days. Very Happy Razz Very Happy

http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/main.aspx?lang=1§ion=104&subsection=150

Iv got me board waxed and packed - looking forward to a feew beers during the week with you guys. (have to get my girlfriend proficient enought o get down the other side of Pas first...all fun in powder tho) Laughing

Twisted Evil WILL GET THRU!! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
roastingdave wrote:
rob and sharon,
Check out the web cams - happy days. Very Happy Razz Very Happy

http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/main.aspx?lang=1§ion=104&subsection=150
Twisted Evil WILL GET THRU!! Twisted Evil

you thin i've been doing anything else today wink wink wink snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
rob and sharon enjoy your hols - hope you get through from Foix. Aix les Thermes and Tarascon will probably be getting snow as well looking at snow forecast.

I'm off the week after so if you get a chance post some updates before you leave Soldeu. Happy powder ! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy