Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Jump returns

Poster: A snowHead
saw the trailer for the Jump tonight , it's fun and made me smile Very Happy Very Happy , going to a weekly slot instead of nightly .

Actually really looking forward to it .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I enjoy the jump too although I know it's not a widely shared view on here.

It starts on Sunday, 7.30 - 9.00pm on Channel 4. Episode 1 of 6, showing weekly.

I'm looking forward to it, although I suspect I'm going to have to record it and watch later as I'm the only real fan in our house.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@olderscot, Great that means I can try and get "call the bloody Midwife " dropped , hooray
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great, love watching it, get Louie Spence back on!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This does mean I'll now have to download/record it so I can watch the 6-8 minutes of enjoyable TV and avoid the 45 minutes of bilge. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I also record and fast forward to the actual bits involving snow, skis and boots. I quite enjoy it. It is one of the best celebrity "sport " programmes around.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any word on which total nonentity, beyond Z-list, **carry on up the jungle-type...'celebrities' will be taking part?

Bet I've heard of none of them....Will still watch it though wink

(**which I don't watch Laughing...)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
try here http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-jump/247313-whos-jump-2016-line-confirmed-meet-celebrities.html
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
3 olympic medal winners a few singers and a bunch of actors I have never heard of. I will watch it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I always watch it, it's got snow, some skiing .... what's not to like
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One of my pet hates is reality tv featuring people who are only famous due to reality tv.

However as it involves skiing I'll probably watch it. Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My kids flipping love it but I suspect it is just to laugh at people falling over and claiming that they can ski sooooo much better. We're more excited about the Eddie the Eagle film coming out though Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wow!
Have a look at the link that @stevew posted, and go to the pictures of the "stars"

Some of them have been posed with hilariously old skis....long narrow stuff from the 70's, or 80's at best.

Who on earth dragged those up!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You're right! One pair are definitely very straight and narrow. I wonder if they might be XC skis?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Its a good bit of sunday night tv.

Dont take it to seriously and its great, who cares if we know them or not , half of them have barely skied yet get to do stuff most of us would love to try

There are worse things to watch
snow report
whats not to like?. sunday afternoon watching ski sunday (serious stuff) and hopefully a glimpse of Lara Gut/Lindsay Vonn, then watch all the "celebs" hurtling down the mountain one way or another, with a smattering of lycra clad babes and Amy Williams!!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
Rob Mackley wrote:
..., going to a weekly slot instead of nightly .

Oddly, they still claim that the jump offs are 'live'. Which either means an awfully long sojourn in the Alps (Me sir! Me sir! Can I be a D lister?) or someone's definition of live is somewhat stretching things...

Nevertheless, car-crash TV, and won't be missing it!
AR
ski holidays
They were there for a month last time it was done and before that
snow report
Mark Francis should be good to watch. His face looks like it's chiseled from wood. Obviously I've only seen him when my wife watches Made in Chelsea (cough cough)
snow report
Lots of fun so far. Got some proper decent sportspeople on it.

Linford Christie is 55. I feel old.
latest report
I wonder whether they've done a block of training, then flying out at weekends to do each event. Jnr is in Kuhtai with school in a couple weeks time, I've asked him to check with the lead teacher whether they can hang around in the evening to watch.
snow report
enjoyed it also, but shame no Amy Williams this year!!!
snow conditions
A shame about Becky Adlington dislocating her shoulder.

I missed the first three jumps but none of the one's I saw looked live.
ski holidays
It wasn't live last night, too windy apparently. So they all jumped earlier in the day.

A couple of confirmations that it is, indeed, possible to really stuff up an air bag jump if you bottle it at the last minute. Linford nearly missed the bag by just toppling over the end, in practice.
ski holidays
FIRSTOFTHEGIANTS wrote:
It wasn't live last night, too windy apparently.

I'd be surprised if any of the jumps were actually "live" for exactly this reason.

(actually I would be surprised if it all weren't pre-recorded "live" over a week or two and then broadcast over the 4 Sundays.)

Also, how did she dislocate her shoulder mid-air, you would have thought a swimmer would have strong shoulders!
snow conditions
I was surprised at the shoulder too. Lot's of talk going around about a bad landing but you could see her reach for it with the other hand while still in the air.
snow report
I think the act of winding down the windows mid air would put your shoulder in a vulnerable position.
snow report
Quote:

enjoyed it also, but shame no Amy Williams this year!!!

+ 1 Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Ross wrote:
I think the act of winding down the windows mid air would put your shoulder in a vulnerable position.

Surely similar to a backstroke movement though, just goes to show how fragile the body is.....
snow report
So the show has had it's second major accident this series. Beth Tweedle needed neck surgery after crashing. Is it just me or is this show a little dangerous?

Last season snowboard coach was the company employed to train the celebs for the snowboarding believe it or not. I assumed they had a lot of practice behind the scenes etc. When I did some training with SBC in the summer I asked how much training did they really have. To my surprise they confirmed only a few hours.

Winter sports is bloody dangerous at the best of times, let alone a bunch of celebs trying to get themselves back on TV and really pushing themselves. All it takes is a bang to the head and KO'd....................................
latest report
Quote:

Is it just me or is this show a little dangerous?

Seems that way!
ski holidays
so far we've had;
Linford - hamstring
Ricky - thigh
Her off Holby - dislocated elbow and arm broken
Tweddle - back/neck - Davina called it "routine back surgery"
Irish singer - breathing problems
Posh boy - some other minor injury
Becky Adlington - dislocated shoulder

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 8-02-16 16:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@chrisrawles,

I'm pretty sure the "celebs" are on some pretty epic danger money and they aren't forced to sign up for it.

Is it exploitation? Probably... but they will be well compensated I sure and ultimately know the risks when they sign up.
latest report
Also the show must be giving kids ideas they can just go and hit a kicker and jump as high as possible or race down a ski cross track as fast as possible.
snow report
@impingu1984, I'm sure they are fully aware of the dangers, BUT TV plays a big part in influencing peoples perception and I think Channel 4 need to have a think about what it is they are broadcasting.
ski holidays
chrisrawles wrote:
Also the show must be giving kids ideas they can just go and hit a kicker and jump as high as possible or race down a ski cross track as fast as possible.

I can see the ski jump in Chamonix from our balcony. I have to confess I've not noticed an increase in small children hiking up just to give it ago, but maybe I've missed them.....
snow conditions
@chrisrawles,
Quote:

BUT TV plays a big part in influencing peoples perception and I think Channel 4 need to have a think about what it is they are broadcasting.

I think that could be said for a lot of "reality" shows in general tbh.

I'm a Celeb, Splash, Celeb Big Brother etc
ski holidays
@impingu1984, This is also true but these are not using a dangerous sport. Splash could be pretty dangerous. The worst that is going to happen in BB is someone steals your underwear.....

@eddiethebus, Half term is next week Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@chrisrawles - au contraire, I think the level of injury being achieved from The Jump is passing on precisely the right message about how dangerous some of the winter sports can be - if anything, it is showing that they are more dangerous that we might otherwise have thought!!

Last night's show was a bit of a disaster zone though - there aren't going to be an s'lebs left by the time the final airs!
latest report
@chrisrawles, The reason I mentioned BB was due to it's questionable standards to ethics, ie broadcasting David Bowie ex wife reaction to his death (edited somewhat but still) and numerous other broadcasting of incidents (Like that girl Kinga on BB years ago back in the C4 days)

You see I remember her name after this time and I don't even watch it, yet what they broadcast is still vivid enough for me to remember her name.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy