Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term flight price indication

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@musher, yes this was why I booked the oslo flights just after midnight ad that was when I could get the return leg.

I am getting the feeling they releasing the popular half term routes at high prices straight off.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TheGeneralist, that's very interesting - do you know when the flights are out? I'm not sure whether to book or wait. Worried the Lufthansa flights will go up extortionately if I don't book now!

Thanks for all the suggestions...

It's currently cheaper to fly to Lyon with Lufthansa than to Munich at half term.

Would this be a crazy option?

We are looking for a family friendly area that has a number of blues (my kids are still young and my wife is competent but not confident).

We have been to Alpbach for the last 2 years but are ready to move on now.

Is there anywhere that fits the bill reachable from Lyon that wouldn't be ridiculously packed?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BA flights today for 10-17 Feb 2018 to Lyon are £98 return, you wont get that price for those dates with Easy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also noticed that Ryanair flights to Bergamo, for a 2017 Half term holiday in Madonna di C, were always around the 125+ mark. As compare to £19.99 the following (mid) week. If your kids are young enough (i.e not approaching exams) and given that you are likely to be staying in a hotel in MdC, I'd steal a couple of days from their schooling and travel on Thurs/Friday. Plenty of discussion on this forum about the ethics of that.

The other hazard one needs to be aware of, as noted by a number of sH on the preBB bash: if you book early with the low cost chappies, they have a nasty habit of cancelling the route if the route is not pulling the volumes they wanted. Squeezy jet cancelled their ski flights to Milan this year, leaving a whole bunch of sH's without flights, which they had booked and paid for. Monarch also pulled out of the Man-Verona route this year.

And finally a couple of plugs for organisations with whom I have no associations. The Ryanair flight and service was impeccable: choose the Leisure Plus option to reduce your hassle. We also use Enchanted Holidays (he a sH)
for our MdC bookings: local knowledge making the total cost much lower than I could DIY, and all round good to have behind you. LV insurance in case any of it goes wrong.
The only fail this year was "Meet and Greet" parking at Manchester airport. I dunno why he had to reprogram my seats, radio and heater both times I parked there, and the car was filthy with dust, and parked as far from the terminal as was possible. At least with self-parking one can park closer to the terminal, the car stays dry and the seats are where you left them..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@smudger, there was an interesting post pre-season from someone who had tracked their chosen easyjet route daily on skyscanner and while prices did drop late Oct, early Nov iirc, I think you were still better buying flights as soon as you could.

Lyon is not the best connected airport. Mind you my next suggestion, Milan isn't maybe either but you might get cheap flights to there once EZY release them https://www.skyscanner.ch/transport/flights/man/mila/170318/170325/airfares-from-manchester-to-milan-in-march-2017.html?adults=1&children=0&adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=1&preferdirects=true&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&qp_prevProvider=ins_browse&qp_prevCurrency=CHF&qp_prevPrice=54#results

... and that opens up Monterosa, and the whole Aosta valley. So cheaper and better food and wine and none or few of the French hordes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got my flights all booked for half term next year with BA for 4 of us.
Edi-Lhr-Gva return, think it was about 64 000 Avios and just the tax Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BA are getting on my nerves, their flights to grenoble are showing as available for £64 each way but the outward fare is actually over £600 which is more expensive than their business flight! I called BA and apparently the travel agencies have first dibs so they dont actually sell the £64 fare.....makes me cross
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonny996 wrote:
This year I got Edinburgh _ Geneva for £130PP for half term.

For anyone in Scotland / Northern England, then crossing the border for flights can really work out at half term as I think the dates of February half term differ between England and Scotland...

We've certainly done it a few times, flying from either Edinburgh or Glasgow, despite living about 15 mins from Leeds Bradford airport, saving us about £200 pp on one occasion.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
smudger,

We have friends who used to swear by Chamrousse, near Lyon, for family trips - unheard of in the UK but a very good ski area. He said that the (apartment) accommodation was very cheap and included free ski passes for the kids.

It may be worth your while to check it out.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep our friends go every year and love Chamrousse, they do free lift passes sometimes too
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy