Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No snow forecast!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Many of you may have heard that there is no significant snow forecast in the alps for the next few days, (possibly some mid next week) and conditions are expected to ice up due to the amount of glorious sunshine we have had. We have been anticipating this all week in La Clusaz. However so far we have been proved wrong so far and the only icey slope we found this week has been the 'Merle' slope above the village - where they held the giant slalom (international competition) this week. The slightly icey piste proved beneficial for the competitors though (from as far Argentina), as they recorded some good times.

Anyway if you are planning to come to La Clusaz within the next week or so the best snow to be had is at La Balme and Etale. Le Vraille (the excellent black run)is closed at the moment. But intreped explorers can still have fun if you watch out for the rocks. I didn't say this though! The off-piste is powdery on occasion,
but mostly wind blown with a slight crust. Not icy though! Etale has some fab natural jumps through the trees between le Tetras (black) and Regine Cavagnoud Medassier and the Croix Fry are good too, especially on the cold mornings as they get the first sun.The Beauregard plateau is good for the beginners and kids as it gets sunshine most of the day - especially the afternoon.

In La Clusaz we have full moon skiing this weekend (14th Jan). So the slope-side bars are open until 3.00pm with buses running to the outlying areas until 1.15. Excellent fun but it will mean watching the slopestyle competition on Sunday at the snowpark with a hangover and tired eyes!!!

For anyone heading for Morzine this weekend there is a good deal on the lift passes, as they have cut the price of the day pass to 18 euros for saturday and sunday or 31 euros for both!

More info on La Clusaz @ www.gravite.co.uk
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It has just started to Snow in Lausanne - here is hoping it spreads Smile snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
graviteski, Thanks for the info. I noticed that one of yur posts got a bit of a dusty reception a little while back. Thanks for the really useful info. snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
graviteski, Did you manage to see the glowing report that a SnowHead gave you after visiting.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
graviteski, Hey, i will be in La Clusaz all week. Any information on the resort, snow conditions, how best to get there from Chamonix would be a help. Cheers. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, rolling eyes rolling eyes ...Blokes Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowbunny, what? It would be nice to arrive, knowing a little about the place. I don't often get out of the valley and am excited.
graviteski, also any tips on where i could buy a rabbit skin hat while i'm there. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

snowbunny, what? It would be nice to arrive, knowing a little about the place. I don't often get out of the valley and am excited.

Small town boy, goes on big road trip...down the valley Laughing
Quote:

graviteski, also any tips on where i could buy a rabbit skin hat while i'm there.

You know I don't mean it !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Someone did say recently, forget which thread it was, that SmZ needs to get out more. Nice to know that folks do follow the advice they are given on here. snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you can find out a lot more about the resort of La Clusaz from the tourist office website at www.laclusaz.com - click on the "Skip Intro" link in the bottom left of their home page to take you through to the English version of the site. You can also find out a lot more about the resort from our website at www.gravite.co.uk.

It looks like anbody coming out this or next week is going to have a great time! We had another 10cm overnight and it's still snowing with another 40cm forecast to come in today, overnight and into tomorrow - we still have space next week if you can get away?

The best route from Chamonix is either down to Megeve and then up over the Col des Aravis (although this is very windy and often closed at times of heavy snow so check before you attempt this route) or alternatively go back down the Autoroute Blanche towards Geneva and come off at the Bonneville exit, then follow the signs for La Clusaz and Grand Bornand. It should take you about 45 minutes in good conditions. If you do come via Col des Aravis, there is a shop up there selling all kinds of pelts, might even get a rabbit skin hat up there! Laughing

We're off to play in the powder now... wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy