Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz transfers plus any other advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Any advice gratefully received on the following given just booked a long weekend in Les Carroz in Feb and it is new territory for myself and OH 😀.

1. We want a shared airport transfer. I am getting quite widely varying quotes and reading mixed reviews, some of which are quite dated. So any recommendations or ones to avoid?

2. Once on piste, any recommended excursions (happy to travel long distances on all piste grades), hidden gems or good pit stops?

3. How frequent and reliable is the free ski bus ( may consider ski locker by lifts and store outdoor boots for slep back rather than hang around waiting in the evening).

4. Any recommendations for restaurants for evening meals (long shot but if any vegetarian has been there and found something please let me know).

Thanks

Suec
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just come back from Samoens - there's lots of snow now!
I hired a car with snow chains (which were needed) as it was not much more than a transfer for 2 and we could then drive to the lift or wherever with skis.
As for food, we didn't eat at Carroz but found food on the slopes to be expensive and very average, especially at Flaine, apart from the restaurant halfway down Dahu (excellent) and the cow shed looking one on the way to Morillon. In Samoens there's also an excellent restaurant called 8m du Mont which caters very well for veggies.
And there's plenty skiing for a week!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1) The is only one real choice for reliable shared transfers to Les Carroz (and the rest of the GM) and that's Go Massif.

2) If the weather is right then a nice day trip is Cascades, well off the beaten track and then there's a great restaurant half way down whcih can be got to from the bottom of the Gers Bowl if it's open.

3) Ski busses are OK, fairly frequent but checkl the web site (www.grand-massif.com) for details

4) Restaurant - Le Sauvage is good!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for gomassif. Used them last year. Les Carroz seemed to have the best tree runs, nice quiet pretty blues around Molliets lift, if you go up to Flaine bowl, there is a restaurant for a lunch stop with great views just off Serpentine on the far skiers-right side of the bowl it was a bit quieter than the ones nearer the resort.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys so far.
I am looking for reliability rather than cheapness re transfers so 2 pluses for gomassive is looking good.
We really enjoyed our xmas arrabba trip (can't believe how good they are at making snow) but we are looking forward to some serious snow this trip Toofy Grin

suec
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy