Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's 'Mille 8'?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In my blog I have been writing about Mille 8, the newly completed leisure area at Arc 1800, but I'm still not sure I know the answer...

http://grangedalice.blogspot.fr/2016/01/whats-mille-8.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
45 minutes for Aracubelle.

**** me. Is that during the French half term?

Just for reference so I never ever go skiing at France at that time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No that was just after New Year! Could be longer during wb 13th Feb this year....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good lord.

That's two time slots to avoid. Although new years pricing would see me snub that anyway.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arcabulle lift queue is a real bottleneck, probably has the worst queues of any lift in Les Arcs. Best avoided at busy times. One of the best skiing days I've ever had was on New Year's Day a few years back, when I lapped around the two top chairlifts in Villaroger to access line after line of fresh tracks a short traverse from the piste. Barely anyone else around, and no lift queues at all. But as soon as I dropped back in to the Arc 2000 bowl to head back towards 1800 there were 40 minute lift queues on Arcabulle, Varet, Bois de l'Ours lifts! Even at very busy times you can often avoid the worst of the lift queues (or all of them in this case) with a little bit of thought.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Arcabulle is a real bottleneck. I often go via the Varet telecabine and the Plangettes chair to get to the col du chal.I have even been known to go down to combourciere and take the slow lift over. Actually that is not a bad route. The chair is slow but then you get the choice of Malgovert, mont blanc or deux tetes down to 1600. All very worthwhile runs. And if the queue for combourcire is too long then you can always get the bus around.

Actually the queue for Arcabulle is worse than when it used to be only couple of drag lifts from 2000 to the col.

Thanks for the blog @araird, it is always good to read what you have to say. I also wonder what the point of Mile8 is. You cannot swim in the swimming pool and the other bits are just hot. Mind you the swimming pool in Bourg is excellent and well worth the trip down on the funicular if you like that kind of thing. As to the lifts that do not really go anywhere what can I say except I doubt if I will ever use them.

I like the new Carreley lift which nicely replaces the old col de Frettes lift that was taken out some years ago. It is nice to have an alternative to the Arpette lift to the ridge between 1600/1800 and 2000
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great to see the blog back up and running, Andrew!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That was a really interesting and in depth analysis, thank you so much.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Your are welcome. Go and try the burger!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's funny. Varet gets big queues too, but because they keep moving and the operators do an excellent job of filling the cabines thanks to the 'single user' gate, it never seems too bad. But Arcabulle, exposed between three pistes, people endlessly funnelling in from all sides and no real active loading activitty, it seems endless - it's really frustratin being stuck at the '20 minutes' marker watching chairs go up w with only 3 or 4 of capacity of six. Especially when you are with kids; I mutter to them 'what's the point of building a spanking new de-clutchable 6 person chair lift if it's only being 75% used'.

These are the kind of issues I think the ADS should address if it want's to improve the resorts' 'memorability' among it's clients - and cheaper than building non-swimming pools.

Good night,I enjoyed that Beaujolais Villages from Super-U for €4.55!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jenniper wrote:
Great to see the blog back up and running, Andrew!

Fancy a drink sometime?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If I was nearby I'd gladly accept Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It is a fun place for the kids and beginners. I know the ones I have taken there like it!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK, here's my first Snowheads post...

Spent a week in Les Arcs with my brother last year and happened to be in a chalet in one of those newish blocks just up to the left of Mille8. We ended up going and having a bonus early evening ski just playing under the floodlights and had a surprisingly fun time. It genuinely added quite a bit of extra value to our holiday as when the main lifts closed we'd pop back for tea and cake then head out again for an hour or so of free skiing on empty slopes before returning to the chalet for dinner. We didn't even look at the pool or restaurant or anything that could have parted us with our money though.

I'm 43 and he's 51 and we both felt like kids! Sure the skiing wasn't exactly challenging but it was just great fun which is the main reason for a skiing holiday.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@marktownend, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy