Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets 1st February - weather concerns

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

Im off to Borovets soon, arriving very early hours of Monday 1st Feb 2016. I recognise that Bulgaria isn't the best in terms of snow reliability, but we really thought that booking this time of year would be the most reliable snow-wise.

Borovets had a huge dump of snow over the weekend just gone, but there is barely anything forecast between now and when we're scheduled to go in 2 weeks time, in fact there's even some rain scheduled as opposed to snow!?

How reliable are these weather forecasts exactly? I'm using accuweather and holiday weather and they both seem to give similar forecasts. Exactly how much would our trip be impacted by no fresh snow? How good are the snow cannons? I've been skiing before (11 years ago) but consider myself a beginner, I've always been to very 'snowy' resorts so am new to this whole no snow issue!? Reassurance welcome!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Around 90% of the lifts are open today. It is going to be cold for most of this week. Snowguns will top up the base overnight next week. It will be fine in early Feb.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, that does make me feel better! Obsessed with the weather forecast at the moment still!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It wouldn't be the run up to a holiday if we weren't constantly watching the cameras and forecasts.

My intro to skiing was in Borovets several years ago. I am absolutely sure you'll be fine, we've been there in March one year too and still had decent snow.

Although I do know what you mean, we tend to go high alps now so when you're used to the snow there, it could seem a worry.

But, do your snow dance and don't obsess!

Have a great time.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Seabass90, Welcome to snowHeads! enjoy your trip
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We got caught out for our first week in Borovets. Poor snow but we were only learning. I felt sorry for the folks who wanted more than a nursery slope. Next time we waited until the snow was good and there was plenty in the forecast. That was an amazing week.

There's been some good investment there with snow cannons but I'd still be careful about hotel choice. Food is better in restaurants.

Who are you doing lessons with? Borosport (who run the resort) grade you by number of weeks skiing - beginners really is beginners.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all- you're right, it wouldn't be a ski holiday without faffing over the forecast!

Unfortunately the nearer the holiday gets, the less snow that seems to be forecast. There is nothing forecast in the build up to the holiday now and only 3cm scheduled on one day that we are there now. If this were to be true, can anyone comment on how this would impact on skiing? Would the snow cannons be able to top things up sufficiently or should we expect lots of lifts closed?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's 90cm on the slopes currently and almost all open - if it's not boiling hot the snow won't go anywhere! Chances are it'll be a bit harder (snow wise) but exactly the same open as currently.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks barefoot. Conditions there are great at present but there's over a week to go until I arrive and there is next to no snow forecast, just lots of sun worryingly! Hope the snow won't melt!?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Enjoy the sun. It takes a lot of energy to melt snow and it will not disappear in a week.

snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not another "please someone reaasure me its going to be OK for my holiday" thread.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you don't know these things, then a ski forum is the right place to ask. That is what snowHeads is for.

snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow and sun at home = thaw.

Snow and sun on mountains = bit of a thaw but with that base it's going nowhere fast.

Stop fretting.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks as good (or better then ) as most places in Europe, with the exception of France

http://www.bulgariaski.com/web-cams-all-resorts/index.shtml
snow report
Anyone in a position to comment on how the lower (beginner) slopes are in Borovets now? Got some friends going on Friday for a long weekend.

Thanks,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy