Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All Italian reports welcome here

Poster: A snowHead
Can't talk first yet, but have been following the reports and cams.

Passo Tonale reporting 100cm at village level with 300cm on the Glacier.

Although the resort does seem to be losing alot of snow of exposed ridges in the sun.

Any first hand reports from this area????
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi johnboy,

Just got back today from Tonale. The glacier is holding up well with decent coverage and snow quality all the way down.

However, the other side is looking a bit threadbare, especially off-piste. Skiing conditions actually seemed to improve a bit yesterday due to a slight rise in temperatures and sterling efforts from the guys on the pistie-bashers. Earlier in the week, afternoon skiing was quite dangerous once the pisted snow had been scraped off leaving some very icy sections. In fact one run (Alpino) has been temporary reclassified from red to "experts only" due to the number of accidents on Thursday and Friday.

Didn't get down to Ponte De Legno so can't really comment on the conditions there but Temu is closed and seems to have been all season so far.

Have you been to Tonale before? If not I can recommend a couple of bars/cafes you could use as an alternative to the mad crush in Magic Bar every lunch time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, if it helps, it seems snow is forcast sunday and monday and during the week in Sauze
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that Clive.

t
The website states that the Alpino is closed Puzzled

I was there once before in 2002, so know a good few of the bars. Did you ski the black down from the glacier???
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just worked out, there is 1707m of vertical descent from the Presena Glacier to Ponte de Legno with on a 10.9 km run. Not bad???
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Come on folks we really need some more Italian Reports!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
According to the Skiclub Poll

10% of Brtitish Skiers will choose Italy

35% France

21% Austria
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Unfortuntely Italy seems to have not done so well in the snow stakes over the past few years. We are off to Bormio in 3 weeks and I am a bit concerned. Last year went to Passo Tonale in April - just before we went I was admiring the green pastures on the webcam, but luckily it snowed hugely the day we got there. Almost empty pistes (except for the Italian army practising). Year before that Bormio again (slightly better conditions then). Before that Sauze in March with closed pistes and muddy slush to deal with. Trouble is we love Italy, but will go somewhere else next year and stick to Italy for summer holidays.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back from Selva, Val Gardena and the snow was ok but very hard packed and in places, a bit icy. Most of the runs were very good though and well groomed with very good snow making. The snow depth was 70cm, lower and 85cm on the upper slopes.
All i can say it never stopped me and a friend having so much fun in Selva and around the Sella Ronda. The best snow i found was around Corvara and Arabba.
Also did the Hidden Valley and that again was very good with perfect conditions on the slopes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Met some guides in Andermatt who had brought their clients over from Monetrosa for the week. It was a 3 hour drive 'because there was no snow'
That was last tuesday before it snowed about 30cms in Andermatt... Don't know if it will improve that area of Italy because the snow comes up from the south apparently...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
adamello ski forecasting a decent dump on thursday/ friday
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
At the time of posting this link the snow was supposed to fall in Northern Italy

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/alpssnow_next3days.shtml
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Conditions not great over in La Thuile today. Nothing like the snow depths over the other side of the mountain in La Rosière.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Christina1, you must be going to the wrong parts of Italy. Last year we had very good snow, and the year before that "the best snow in the last 10 years" according to locals (family members).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
magriggs,

You didn't say where you were in Italy??
ski holidays
Tonale is predicting 40+ cm over the next 3 days at village level. Perfect Very Happy
latest report
SNOW-FORECAST IS PREDITING 76CM AT6 VILLAGE LEVEL OVER THE NEXT 3 DAYS WITH 30CM TONIGHT ALONE

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
johnboy, I had a cracking pasta in Chester le Street the other night !
latest report
magriggs, We must have just been unlucky. But looks like things have changed this year - please let the snow hang around for another 2 weeks!
latest report
johnboy, heading to Arabba 2nd week in March, and snow 'half' forecast has almost 60cm at resort level over the next 3 days. However, the local weather service is forcasting 1-2cm today! Personally I know who I believe - even as much as I would like to see another 50cm+ laid down to establish a good base to last well into March when the weather is likely to be warmer. Yeah ... yeah, call me Mr Pessimist Twisted Evil Hope I'm worng and you get your snow ... and I mine!
snow conditions
agavin,

Yes I know to take snow-forecast with a pinch of salt, but at least adamello ski are predicting 45cm as well, so it bodes well. Just hope it doesn't get too warm. At least Tonale is high
latest report
Just started to snow at village level. www.adamelloski.com
snow conditions
Still Dumpin Very Happy
snow conditions
Think this is going to be a big dump Toofy Grin lasting at least 24 hours....Livigno on Saturday here we come Very Happy
ski holidays
stu20vt,

Yip, it's lookin good
snow report
johnboy, OK - looks like it is snowing in Arabba at altitude at the moment - not clear from the webcam if its at resort level - to be perfectly honest, a good 20/30cm (half what is forcast) would make me happy as March is still a looong way away. Off to Val Cenis this weekend where snow-forecast is showing a good 20cm ... perhaps Very Happy
snow conditions
Looks like Italy is getting a real pasting from the webcams. ONLY 1 MORE SLEEP Very Happy
latest report
flight cancelled to milan airport this am due to too much snow! hope they work quickly with those shovels to clear the runway by this evening
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow, you're not wrong, bergammo has a load of cancelled flights today. Although airport is not closed Better get it cleared for tomorrow!!!
ski holidays
Webcams currently showing heavy snow around Milan
ski holidays
Madesimo got 30 cm yesterday and still snowing hard
Webcam: http://www.madesimo.com/2005/webcam.php?lingua=en
Forcast: http://www.madesimo.com/2005/meteo.php?lingua=en
Heading there on 11th Feb Very Happy
snow report
This dump couldn't have been timed better, it's going to be amazing
ski holidays
Looks as though I Crying or Very sad may have missed out again. Predicted heavy snow in Bormio looks like a mere dusting. Trees on the webcam are not exactly laden with snow, but have just a sprinkling. I shall have to learn not to get too excited by Snowforecast predictions.
ski holidays
Christina1,

When are you going???
snow report
now they have cancelled 130pm flight from Heathrow - getting very worried about the 640pm
snow report
johnboy, 24 of us are going out at half-term (in 2 weeks). Mine and hubby's idea to go to Italy again, so feel a bit responsible!
snow conditions
I checked Livigno webcams (just up the road from Bormio) and they are getting a pasting...so dont know how Bormio is missing it??
ski holidays
What happen's if you are on a package holiday and the aiport is closed at the other end..do they divert you to another airport?? We are flying to Bergamo tomorrow Puzzled
snow report
stu20vt,

Dunno what would happen, but i still reckon we'll be OK
ski holidays
When you flying out Johnboy?? You flying into Bergamo as well??
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy