Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken tongue on scarpa touring boot, repair in Les arcs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This morning I got my boots out of the roof box, temperature -10, and managed to snap the tongue putting them on. Quick repair with duct tape and I managed to ski this morning in P du S. Now we have driven to Arc 1950 and ideally would like someone to replace just the broken tongue. We tried Intersport in Bourg St Maurice but they weren't able to help. Does anybody have any suggestions? (Apart from suggesting I don't leave my boots out all night to freeze and expect to be able to get them on... You would think by my age I would know better.) Would be so grateful.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@GJsophie, is it the tongue that has actually snapped or have you pulled one of the rivets, if the latter then most places should be able to put in a screw rivet, if it is "snapped the tongue" then it may prove a whole lot harder

if nobody in les Arcs then Nevada sport in Tignes, and if not then it may be a trip to Chamonix to the boys at Sole
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks very much, sadly it is the tongue that has actually snapped... And I bought them from Sole, so will email them, and Nevada Sport.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

suggesting I don't leave my boots out all night to freeze

If nothing else that's extremely unpleasant to put on and cold feet all day. Just being helpful, y'know...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Equilibres in Arcs 2000. Small shop, about the 3rd shop along on the front de neige, after you leave the cabrio from 1950. The owner's a tourer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, @under a new name. I sort of realised it was a bit stupid.....
And very many thanks indeed @chamcham, I will give it a try.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
But the duct tape worked surprisingly well, Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@GJsophie, Keep us posted how you get on in Equilibres - they've always helped me out.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chamcham wrote:
@GJsophie, Keep us posted how you get on in Equilibres - they've always helped me out.

They were extremely helpful, tried to ring the suppliers but they had closed for the evening, so they took my email address and all details and will let me know whether they can get a replacement tomorrow. Lovely helpful people in a lovely shop!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Part ordered, arrived today, they sent me an email to tell me and now my boot is repaired. Very many thanks indeed Equilibre, a great can-do attitude, and a pleasure to deal with.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Result Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awesome! Snowheads saves the day. Always nice to hear of good service.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy