Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Metron 8

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I can pick up a set of Metrons (New with bindings) for US$305 150cm 2005 model
Im 163cm and 64kg intermidiate to advanced and Ill be skiing Niseko in Japan soon is this the right thing to do??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think they might have hire skis in Japan already; I'd get an M9 at least.

but don't take my word for it, I'm biased.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The cost for 6 days hire of a good all-mountain ski is $299. So I may as well buy and use my own as the cost balances out after only 2 trips.
Why the M9??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fossil, because you seem to have access to Metrons, and with an M8 you're stuck with a beginner ski and a 72mm waist in Niseko. Not only that, but you're stuck with it for 13 days. Shocked Shocked

I don't particularly recommend the M9 because I think it requires great attention to inside half control and forward pressure for only moderate reward, especially on transitioning or heavy snow. It was merely a place marker for a minimum level of ski so that the holiday isn't wasted fighting gear.

As I said, I'm biased (edit: against low-level Metrons) and I'm assuming your self-evaluation is accurate, so all this goes with a lump of salt. But if SZK were to chime in here saying 'Karma', I'd say 'Durn good choice'.

(and yes, I've seen the equivalent float chart: ski waist isn't the prime objection here).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am most comfortable on piste but I want to improve in powder
What would you suggest?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy