Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La rosiere 16

Poster: A snowHead
For anyone interested, more snow than you can shake a stick at.... In the last week it probably stopped snowing for no more than 10hrs...

If it does not snow for the rest of the season, it will be fine....

For those coming next week, pick you powder lines carefully, if you get stuck in a flat bit you will have to swim back to the piste ..... And that's no joke! snowHead Toofy Grin NehNeh Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Going there on Sunday, will use this thread to post any reports on.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
though i may have quite a bit of time to compose my texts if the current weather holds *sobs quietly in corner* (via SMS)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fingy wrote:
though i may have quite a bit of time to compose my texts if the current weather holds *sobs quietly in corner* (via SMS)

Why? Loads of snow already and weather was looking nice and sunny perfect.

Forecast has now changed a foot of snow is due to fall on Saturday/Sunday maybe you prefer whiteouts rather than sun?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, but pictures of les arcs looking a bit like Scotland on a normal day with lotsa rocks. Was in la ros at this time last year and Apart from transfer day and one day midweek had fantastic conditions but it got sloppy in the afternoon with the sun. With the temps that have been had presumed it was getting a bit bare.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where are you seeing these pictures of Les Arcs?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowforecast.com suggests about an inch of rain in resort level on sunday PM - hope that they're wrong and it comes in as snow.
We're not getting there till feb half term - so have been watching the recent conditions with envy....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Forecast thread for Les arcs pics I think, have looked through so many don't quite remember where.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've seen all those photos and it looks fine, there's plenty of cover though they do need a fresh dump and it looks like they will get some on Sunday at present. Be positive I'm sure it will be great.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 28-01-16 19:18; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les arcs thread, just had a look, maybe less Scottish then first thought (must have been in negative mode) but watching the daily temps not nice. Also ros' faces south and Les arcs I think is n/w facing ( being across the valley from la ros). Ah well, just got to wait until Sunday and see what comes up.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Iam off to La Rosiere on Saturday to, when you posted last night about poor conditions I thought conditions looked great, webcams showed tons of snow even at resort height in le thuille and with dry sunny weather for the start of the week.

Now we have 2 foot of snow on Sunday potential write off day and torrential rain in le thuille and Monday and Tuesday looking unsettled as well, wish the forecast would change back.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Vintageryan forecast can easily change, kind of like my mood Smile. I may have been spoiled last year, as I said (although i had a hell transfer on that sunday as lots of snow). I had looked at webcams last night too and looked through threads pretty exhaustively so had my doubts about how it all looked.

I apologise to all for my negativity (i think the last year of rain has led me to believe that proper weather doesn't exist). I think the change in weather has been posited from a way out by @weathercam, if that arctic air coming the other way gets in first we'll have snow instead of rain and that will set the slopes up for play.

anyway i will post about being there instead of waiting from sunday on.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tons of new snow here.

Snowed all last night and today. Has turned to sleet the last hour or so.

Around 2 foot of new snow sitting on the bashed pistes today a struggle to tell the difference between piste and off piste at times, visibility was also poor and the link to Italy was closed.

Tomorrows forecast whilst warm is looking clearer so expect a good day.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got here late, pleased to see the snow as it was very bleak down lower. Now just waiting for all our helmets, salopetes, socks, helmets, googles and gloves as sleazy jet decided to lose 12 passengers luggage. Travel insurance covers essentials over 12 hours, are essentials all of above?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been on snow two days now. Bit icy in the morning, then about a 3 hour window of nice pistes when bashed, then carved up and sloppier as it gets warmer though when you come down because of these at least it's soft. Light very good yesterday as mist lifted by 1030 but flat this afternoon and lumps hard to dodge. Apparently supposed to snow from lunchtime tomorrow and overnight from there so if you're coming next week all will be well.
snow conditions
Snowed yesterday and late on today. Lots of lovely white to play on. Bit of a whiteout at times but still skiing from 0930 till near 5 , with lunch, every day, which is why we came. Anyone coming next week should be blessed with nice depth which will take a while to melt, even in the hotter temps(which is actually what i was hoping last week's players would have said, saving me worry and getting grizzled at)
snow report
A classic La Ros day today - battling wind and cloud to get over to Italy, where it was rather good:

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy