Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Formula 1 on piste

Poster: A snowHead
As if you haven't enough to watch out for while skiing 😳

http://youtube.com/v/lOIq4L-L01M
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What an odd thing to do...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Watch the full 10 minute one, much more interesting....pretty cool Red Bull marketing stunt, most interesting thing I've seen with regard to F1 for years!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A bit like F1 of old...crowds right up against the action with naff all safety barrier in between. As someone old enough to remember Group B rally cars it does look a bit scary - especially with no 50km/h limit for running with snow chains!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool. Amazing that they got the piste flat enough. Surely they must have raised the suspension?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Doesn't look very fast though. And where's the skier in tow? World's gone soft these days...

http://youtube.com/v/XMiW5m2JYgM
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's the 10 minute version:
http://youtube.com/v/UYOrlcW2LBw
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure I would want to be standing so close to the track & also those snow chains must something special !!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That looked like fun Toofy Grin . Hard to tell how fast he was going but probably not that fast really. Note the change from studded tyres to non-studded with chains.

Could be an idea to spice up F1; have one round on a snow/ice circuit. All cars do 5 laps in turn (starting order in championship order) and points awarded for fastest time. All drivers gain points.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A guy at work asked a question whilst we were watching this...."How do Red Bull make their money?"....mmm not an easy answer but they sure spend a lot on marketing/advertising.

They sell a great deal of energy drinks and have a PPV TV station but beyond that I'm not sure - how does that enable them to fund F1, just about every extreme sport going, Salzburg Red Bull FC, Felix Baumgartner, air stunt races, Huttenrallye etc etc..... is it Austrian government backed maybe?

Its a damn cool brand, I'd like to understand more.....Audi (and to a lesser extent BMW) has a similar brand image but they sell tens of millions of high-end cars, is there really so much money in energy drinks?! Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
they sell 5 billion cans a year, at a quid a go and say 50% margin thats 2.5billion gross profit per year
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Markymark29 wrote:

Its a damn cool brand, I'd like to understand more.....Audi (and to a lesser extent BMW) has a similar brand image but they sell tens of millions of high-end cars, is there really so much money in energy drinks?! Puzzled

It's a marketing events company with a soft drink on the side. Think about it a can of product costs less than pennies to produce and retails at a higher price point than more traditional competitors. Yet Coke & Pepsi aren't known for having a parsimonious approach to marketing and still have plenty of profit to share with their bottlers. They need to spend almost nothing on innovation. Auto industry is relatively low margin by comparison.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@hobbiteater, @Dave of the Marmottes, Mmm fair comment didn't appreciate the scale
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow, got to say the F1 car on the snow looks DULL, but the guys on the old planks being dragged behind the cars!! WOW now that is something to watch!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Are those winter tyres?
snow report
@Orange200, Brilliant! Shock
ski holidays
Yes musher winter tyres, well branded sottozero at least
snow report
Quote:

Wow, got to say the F1 car on the snow looks DULL, but the guys on the old planks being dragged behind the cars!! WOW now that is something to watch!!

+1

I bet Red Bull would probably sponsor if they could..!
ski holidays
Or Subaru messing around in the Park 10 years ago

http://youtube.com/v/tJQRwTWzF2o
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
A guy at work asked a question whilst we were watching this...."How do Red Bull make their money?"....mmm not an easy answer but they sure spend a lot on marketing/advertising.

They sell a great deal of energy drinks and have a PPV TV station but beyond that I'm not sure - how does that enable them to fund F1, just about every extreme sport going, Salzburg Red Bull FC, Felix Baumgartner, air stunt races, Huttenrallye etc etc..... is it Austrian government backed maybe?

Quote:
The benefit to Red Bull comes from exposure of its brand. It has the most prominent logos on the cars of both Red Bull Racing and its sister F1 team, Toro Rosso, which is based in Italy and is also owned by the drinks company. Red Bull’s Advertising Value Equivalent (AVE), the price it would have to pay to buy a similar amount of on-screen exposure, came to an estimated $283.2 million last year.

In just the past five years Red Bull has gained an estimated $1.6 billion in AVE from F1 which alone offsets the $1.2 billion it has spent on Red Bull Racing as well as its investment in Toro Rosso.

Red Bull which sold 5.2 billion cans in 2012 giving it record revenue of $6.7 billion

I assume it works the same way when we see the likes of Svindel on the podium or other sponsored athletes.

the full article is here http://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2014/04/03/revealed-red-bulls-1-2-billion-bet-on-formula-one/#2715e4857a0b291f75116669
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy