Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

vallee Perdu - Val D'isere anyone done it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title says?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, about 4 years ago - Good fun from memory. Very narrow in places and a couple of sections where skis have to come off (for me anyway).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, anything particular to watch out for, fancy taking a ride down it when i'm in val in feb.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ansta1 wrote:
Thanks, anything particular to watch out for, fancy taking a ride down it when i'm in val in feb.

I'd look out for Leo Taillefer, if I were you Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/TJ_RN2Up5SQ
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's one for the box tickers, but that's about all.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gerry, at my age any box i can tick(le) is good.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ansta1, I used to go to Tignes or Val every year so done this a few times. First time was back in 2000 when i met up with a few people and got introduced to a little off-piste. No knowledge, no transceivers or other kit, and some semi-carver skis Embarassed We started with the Vallon de Cugnai. Then we moved on to the vallee Perdu - at one point I was not in control of my speed and flew off an icy bank to land spreadeagled and winded with both skis off. One knee was killing me and after I eventually got up the dutch guy with us said "I'm glad you're okay because thats exactly where I broke my shoulder last year!"

I can remember one year we had to slide through a hole and grab a rope at the end and then climb down a bit. At times there is too little snow, at other times too much snow. Its quite a nice ravine and usually good fun, the route finding is easy as there are only a couple of possible variants. Once you start you are committed as it is an exhausting climb out even if possible as some of it is vertical walls.

I love that Leo Taillefer clip but he's clearly nuts!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@andy1234, thanks. Leo T is just mad.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ansta1, I've been down it a few times but not for 10 years. Not horrendous but the only time I had fun was when I saw a marmot early one sunny March morning. It looked surprised to see me. Rather like the almost mythical tunnel to La Fornet, I'd also say Vallee Perdu is a box tickers excursion.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy