Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for Guide + Instructor in Hinterglemm/Feiberbrunn

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon All,

As the title suggests looking for a mountain guide for some off-piste in Hinterglemm/Feiberbrunn for a day or so - contacts and experience would be greatly appreciated, I appreciate this is not big mountain country but i am sure there is good tree skiing to be had and looked good in TGRs way of life.

Also looking for an instructor for a half/day of expert on piste instruction. Always good to make sure no nasty habits are developing,

Thanks in advance,

Robert
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@extremerob, go to Fürstauer Ski School in Saalbach and ask for Reine or Nicky. I can't remember if Reine did the Bergführer (guide) exams or not, but he's a fully qualified instructor, brilliant skier, nice guy, loves powder, and as a local knows the area super well.

Nicky is the ski school owner, and I'm pretty sure is a guide as well as an instructor.

The only other two I can think of, Michi and Flo, don't work in Saalbach (one in Innsbruck and one in Lech) anymore.

BTW Fieberbrunn has plenty of genuine big mountain terrain - it's a FWT stop...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@extremerob, There is a new ski school in Saalbach offering exactly what you are looking for.
Freeride Ski School is run by Stefan Baumgartner, who has previously worked for other ski schools in the village for many years. He is a qualified mountain guide (Bergführer) and has the top level instructor's qualification as a Statsliche. www.freeride-skischool.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999 wrote:
@extremerob, go to Fürstauer Ski School in Saalbach and ask for Reine or Nicky. I can't remember if Reine did the Bergführer (guide) exams or not, but he's a fully qualified instructor, brilliant skier, nice guy, loves powder, and as a local knows the area super well.

Nicky is the ski school owner, and I'm pretty sure is a guide as well as an instructor.

The only other two I can think of, Michi and Flo, don't work in Saalbach (one in Innsbruck and one in Lech) anymore.

BTW Fieberbrunn has plenty of genuine big mountain terrain - it's a FWT stop...

clarky999 funny you should mention Niki - i have heard of him before - he skiied for Lebanon back in the day - a friend of mine another ex lebanon racer is friends with him so will follow that up.

quinton wrote:
@extremerob, There is a new ski school in Saalbach offering exactly what you are looking for.
Freeride Ski School is run by Stefan Baumgartner, who has previously worked for other ski schools in the village for many years. He is a qualified mountain guide (Bergführer) and has the top level instructor's qualification as a Statsliche. www.freeride-skischool.com

Quinton do you know if this Baumgartner has any relation to a Dr Baumgartner (thats the name I remember) who for some reason i think use to run the sbssv back in 2009?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@extremerob, you could also PM esprit to ask who ran the Freeride course he did in Fieberbrunn a couple of seasons back. The instructor/leader of that group has to be well qualified and should fit the bill for your needs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy