Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts with a pay by use pass?

Poster: A snowHead
As I am currently in the Alps and paying a small fortune for lift passes, I thought back fondly to the days when you could pay for a 'number' of runs! The old hole punch card at Megeve was a good example! Today I used 3 lifts, and ouch, per run that is soooo expensive even just buying a half day pass!

I was talking to an old friend before I left the UK and she said she (and most of the group she used to go with) does not bother with ski holidays any more because she only wants to do a couple of runs a day and its not worth it!

Do any resorts still offer a 'usage' pass?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@CaravanSkier, i'm sure they do although maybe not so well advertised.

3 lifts in a day is hardly a day's skiing. Come on, get on with it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Folgaria in Italy does it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chatel offers a points card which would be ideal for this.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The 3 valleys do a pay as you go pass, but its by the day rather than by the run/lift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Paradiski does it again by the day not lift snowHead

http://www.skialacarte.fr/en

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 27-12-16 8:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boredsurfin, where can i find out about that pass? i'm arriving on Saturday lunchtime and would like to get a few sneaky runs in. The ski world rep hands out the passes on saturday evening, so i like the sound of the limited run pass for the afternoon
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@gazzaredcruiser, the clue would be in the weblink @boredsurfin, posted. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@gazzaredcruiser, You don't need that one you need http://www.samedijeskie.com/ or just use the network of free lifts wink Where are you staying?

LA PLAGNE :
Samedi 16 janvier, profite du forfait à 30 € au lieu de 50 €
M'envoyer la grosse promo
Télécharger la grosse promo
Envoyer à un ami

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 14-01-16 19:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Silvretta MOntafon has an 'hour pass.' Costs €50, and you get a refund when you go back. So if you only ski for two hours, you get €22 or something back. If you do 5 hours, then you're cheaper buying a day pass.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@boredsurfin, im staying at 1800
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@gazzaredcruiser, Excellent, simply get the free ski bus up to Plagne Centre then get the TeleMetro lift (from inside the shops)
up to Aime 2000, you can then ski all the way back down to 1800 all for free. You could then get the bus back up to Plagne Centre walk through the shops to the Yoghurt pots that take you up to Plagne Villages and then ski back down to 1800 (You could go a bit higher using the free beginners lift) Instead of the pots you could wait for the next Plagne Villages or Plagne Soleil bus and ski back down to 1800 all free snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gazzaredcruiser wrote:
@boredsurfin, where can i find out about that pass? i'm arriving on Saturday lunchtime and would like to get a few sneaky runs in. The ski world rep hands out the passes on saturday evening, so i like the sound of the limited run pass for the afternoon

Ski World were very aware that some of us might want to ski on arrival day. They handed out the passes as soon as we got there and we just upgraded them to 7 day. That was in Alpe d'Huez.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@boredsurfin, thanks, i'm inherently lazy so i might just get the 30 euro option, it's a bit of a faff to get to plagne centre!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@gazzaredcruiser, Its a 5 mins on the bus? Unless you are up the other end or above the bus stops...
ski holidays
chalet Altesse which is only 100 yards from the bus stop, now you're making me feel guilty Laughing
ski holidays
@gazzaredcruiser, Knowing 1800, that could be 100m up above the stop Laughing
latest report
@boredsurfin, am i right in thinking the 6 day pass will work from 3pm on the saturday?
snow report
Yes and no, if you use it on Saturday that becomes day 1 so it will finish working on Thursday ( Day 6 ) Been there done that Embarassed
snow report
@boredsurfin, god dam it! bus or 30 sovs it is then rolling eyes
ski holidays
Dolomiti super ski runs a points system as an option to conventional passes
snow report
@CaravanSkier, Flaine used to do a points system, you buy a number of points and each lift has a points value, we used it when our son was first learning until 2012, haven't been back since then so check first .
snow report
@boredsurfin, the chalet is on the road bang opposite the lift out of 1800, so not too far above the stop.
snow report
Great location for the lift the bus and the Slug in Lettuce (Loup Blanc restaurant wink )
ski holidays
I thought Le Grand Bornand did that also....
latest report
@boredsurfin, just inadvertently booked the saturday ticket for 30 euros for this saturday and not the 23rd arrrh!!
snow conditions
@gazzaredcruiser, oh sheet, can you change it?
latest report
@boredsurfin, i have no idea! i just clicked the send me the promo button and it sent me a pdf which contained the ticket for Sat 16th! mind you they haven't got any of my details to take payment! my french is tres mal!so i can't really understand what i'm doing rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@boredsurfin, it's ok, i think it's just a coupon which i present at the lift pass office to get the 30 euro deal, so i'll just download one for the 23rd later next week.

Where is the lift pass office for 1800?
latest report
@gazzaredcruiser, phew thats OK then. Best Google the 1800 pass office, I'm not sure where it is these days.
snow conditions
@boredsurfin, thanks
ski holidays
Surely all resorts do points passes?
snow report
Flaine still does the points pass - you can buy 20, 40, 60 pr 80 points - covers the "easier" lifts & drags that are suitable for beginners progressing from the free lifts - see http://www.flaine.com/en/winter/skiing-snowsports/ski-passes/ski-passes.htm
snow report
The Ski Welt in Austria do points passes, but they are only good value if you really are only going to take 3-4 lifts total in a day.
snow report
DJL wrote:
Chatel offers a points card which would be ideal for this.

On the Chatel points card, each chair is 5e and each drag is 3e, i.e. your 3-lift ski day would cost no more than 15e.

Les Paccots in Switzerland also does a punch card which works out very cheaply, but it's quite a small resort with drag lifts only.
snow conditions
Saalbach offers PAYG points passes - EUR 50 for 500 points and EUR 100 for 1,000 points, and so on, and the number of points that each lift is worth is noted on the piste map. Useful for slowly progressing beginners or those who are happy doing relatively few lifts per day and/or having days off skiing. The full lift pass can be used from 3pm the day before it's due to come into force - this free bonus can be extremely worthwhile on arrival day for those who have the energy after travelling - the last run down can be 5 or 6 km long and take until past 7pm if various hostelries are visited on the way down. Smile
snow conditions
Just go to smaller non-tourist resorts. If you're not going to use 200 lifts, there's no point in paying for them.
ski holidays
Wow thank you for the replies and all the information! @boredsurfin, I will do the bus from 1800 to Plagne centre today, take the metro express and do the run down. Assuming there are blues all the way!

@under a new name, Once upon a not so long time ago I would have been out on the slopes all day but health issues mean thats no longer an option. rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
snoozeboy wrote:

Les Paccots in Switzerland also does a punch card which works out very cheaply, but it's quite a small resort with drag lifts only.

Beat me to it. This was handy when my daughter was at the Jardin de Neige lessons last year, so I could have an hour or two skiing without buying a full day pass. As you say, very limited but fine for a few hours. Talking of which, I still have a few 'credits' left from last year....do they carry over?
latest report
[quote="Whitters"]
snoozeboy wrote:

, I still have a few 'credits' left from last year....do they carry over?

Yes, I've been carrying them over for years.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy