Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are there any companies who are significantly better than others for winter sport insurance?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MPI.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a claim with Direct Line 2 years ago when my wife did her ACL - they were pretty helpful and didn't try to knock the claim at all - paid up pretty rapidly. Not had to claim otherwise - which I hope conntinues to be the case.....

Missed a connecting flight on another non-ski hol in November and ended up rebooking and staying overnight at Heathrow - LV paid up without argument on that whilst my companions are having problems with other insurers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rom77, do some searching, there are numerous threads on insurance.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Rom77, yet again I find myself singing the praises of Snowcard

Aside from all the bits you want covered (OP with no guide, heli uplift, repat etc), lots of choices for add ons (heli ski, Cat ski, etc) complete individual choice of levels of cover (luggage, tech gear, excess) the fact is their premiums are always really competitive.

Most important, in the event that you need to make a claim they are extremely slick. Helpful on first contact, clear as to next steps and swift in paying up.

And to add to all this, I found myself away in Switzerland this very week and needing to make a claim. My annual policy expired part way through the week which technically voids any claims (as I'm not in UK during renewal and I had chosen not to auto renew).
Fearing the worst I called them and after 24hrs they called me back to say they would honour the policy and pay up.

Now I have been with them five + years but IMHO that really is going the extra mile.

Take it as read I will be remaining loyal to them Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Are there any companies who are significantly better than others for winter sport insurance?

No,
everyone seems to have different needs and views on insurance.

Use the search facility and all will become clear!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@andyman, +1 great service
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowcard. Very helpful last season when my daughter broke her leg and it was just her and me away. I was pretty stressed as you can imagine but the emergency assistance sorted everything and the claim when we got home went smoothly. Hope I never have to claim again. Bought this year's policy with them again.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Rom77, I find LV good. Having had to claim, their approach was professional and prompt. There had, inevitably I suppose, long detailed claim forms to complete and essential to provide printed receipts for everything.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy