Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel Insurance - Loss Adjusters

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had a couple of small claims this year, one to be paid and the other to be paid despite the loss adjusters and underwriters declining it. My insurers have now stopped using these loss adjusters and bought the claims process in house. I've no problem with my insurers at all.

The loss adjusters in question are Rightpath. They are without doubt one of the most incompetent, unprofessional organisations it has ever been my misfortune to deal with. They never return phone calls, emails never arrive and cheques are sent but never received. The timescales for both claims have been ridiculous, wholly down to them. On my latest claim they strongly indicated it would be approved and later rejected it. My insurer doesn't believe their reasons are valid which is why they are paying me directly.

It might be worth enquiring when taking out travel (or other insurance) if they use 3rd party loss adjusters and if it's Rightpath I'd recommend going elsewhere. Now considering how to progress a complaint against them.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loss adjusters are I understand it compensated based on the amount that the insurer doesn't end up paying out so they've every incentive to be a pain in the back bottom. I suspect slapdashness is part of the strategy to be too much hassle so only the truly persistent or those with material amounts at stake see it through.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's precisely why I used DogTag for many years had two claims with them both settled without question and very quickly, in fact my most recent claim was settled in days and BACS straight into my bank account.
However, due to their ridiculous, imho, medical declaration procedure and cost,
I now use MPI who have a very sensible medical declaration.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Claude B, But your insurer will have appointed them and agreed on the service level!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
By the way, the price you pay is normally a dead giveaway. You can buy annual multi trip policies on comparison sites for £14 a year - guess what kind of service you get when you put in a claim?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@boredsurfin, MPI used Rightpath until recently, they no longer do!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've never claimed on travel, car or home insurance, how do you know what services they use without claiming?

The only insurance claim I've ever made was for income protection when I was off work during my cancer treatment. They paid up pretty swiftly.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@queen bodecia, it is often in the small print somewhere. perhaps under the claims section.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Claude B, pleased to hear it has been sorted to your satisfaction.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hells Bells, Thanks

I'm not sure exactly how the Insurer/Rightpath relationship worked. I think they handled the whole claim process and payment came from them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy