Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fieberbrunne from St Johann

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Popping out to St Johann next Monday and wondered if it's an easy journey from there to Fieberbrunne. Also hoping to get a day in zell am See/Kaprun also
Any advice would be most welcome
Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The ski bus is probably the easiest way to get from St. Johann to Fieberbrunn. There is one leaving St. Johann station at 08:55 which arrives at the Fieberbrunn lifts at 09:14.

Zell am See is a good deal further away and I think the train would be the easiest way to travel if you wanted to go there. You can search for details on the ÖBB website at http://oebb.at. Kaprun/Kitzsteinhorn is even further off.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yip can confirm that the bus is really easy. leaves from the train station and states fieberbrunn on the front and will end its route at the lifts so not much need to pay attention.

double check your pass though as i know fieberbrunn dropped off the schneewinkel pass this year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
enduroaid wrote:

double check your pass though as i know fieberbrunn dropped off the schneewinkel pass this year.

That's a shame, any reason given as to why it's no longer included?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
handbag wrote:
That's a shame, any reason given as to why it's no longer included?

I think it was a marketing thing. Fieberbrunn has put all its eggs/cash in the Saalbach Ski Circus basket. Does seem a pity, though, for there are probably plenty of skiers who would be happy with the smaller area.

You need the Kitzbüheler Alpen Allstar Card or the Salzburg Super Ski Card to cover Fieberbrunn and St. Johann.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah right, had forgotten about the new link!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to all above for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. My son who is repping out there at the moment has told me to get the Kitzbuheler Alpen all star pass which gives access to Kitzbuheler, saalbach sell am see ect
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kabby wrote:
Thanks to all above for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. My son who is repping out there at the moment has told me to get the Kitzbuheler Alpen all star pass which gives access to Kitzbuheler, saalbach sell am see ect

Yep. Anybody bar a beginner taking lessons all week is probably better off with that pass.

You get free transport included to Fieberbrun (ski bus) from where you can no get into Saalbach-Hinterglemm, and to Kitzbuhel (train) and to the SKiWelt (Brixen or Westendorf) also by train. The latter isn't well known - I only found out about it when talking to a Kitzbuhel instructor on a chairlift.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kabby, I had a great week in St Johann last year, along with the Kitzbuher Allstar pass.
Fieberbrunn and Steinplatz were the perfect size for a day's skiing and both only about 30-45 minutes away by free bus.

We also went to Zell by train and it took just over an hour but it was a spectacular journey. The train station in Zell is walkable to the nearest lift (about 5-10 minutes), so the whole thing worked pretty well. Obviously Kitzbuhel is the easiest area to connect to, as the train station is next to the ski lift and is free for skiers. All in all we skied 5 different resorts in the week but as @alex_heney, states, you can cram more in if you stay on the train the Brixen/ Westendorf. or get the Postbus to Ellmau for the other end of the Skiwelt (our plan had been to get the train to Westendorf and then ski back to Ellmau, catching the bus home but unfortunately the weather ruined our last day)!

Enjoy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@EdYarker, thanks so much for the info, hoping to get three full days in next week, and really hoping to get to Zell (been to Saalbach before) and also Kitzbuhel for the first time!!! Thanks for the advice
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy