Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When to 'tut'

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

I meant blind side in the same sense as rugby i.e the narrowest side

often better to go narrow side BEHIND a skier than wider side IN FRONT. Particularly on cat tracks when it can be nervewracking for the downhill skier to see someone aiming for an ever narrowing gap to the bank or track edge.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jedster wrote:
Quote:

eddiethebus wrote:

skiers who do that crouch position thing when there going about 10mph

I quite frequently do that, but only on flats. It does actually help to keep going that extra bit longer before you have to start skating/pushing

Ah now. Some physics for you - drag is proportional to the square of your speed. That means the tuck is vastly more important at higher speeds. You should be tucking earlier before you decelerate to 10 mph then adopting a nonchalant upright position as you finally slow down. What you do is definitely a stylistic faux pas you wouldn't get a tut from me just a condescending gentle head shake - after all it is no inconvenience to me
Very Happy

Haha don't worry, I know my physics, I will be crouching for a looooong time if there is a long flat coming up. Most of the run in (as long as I know I can handle the speed), then I just keep going until I have to push. Even if drag is lower at slow speeds, you can still minimise it by increasing your aerodynamincs, hence save that little more energy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

you can still minimise it by increasing your aerodynamincs, hence save that little more energy

there's a trade off though - it's more efficient to start your skate step before you slow down too much. And once you get your skate efficient you can glide along rather effortlessly looking nonchalant - clearly a priority Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy