Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia / Valtournenche - Local Transport and Ski Bus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A few of us are heading to Valtournenche/Cervinia next month for a long weekend, staying just outside of Valtournenche.

We have a complete beginner in our group who is looking to have private ski lessons on a couple of days - which will be based on the Cervinia side (apparently no availability for a lesson on the Valtournenche side due to Italian school holidays).

Do you know if there are local taxis to take you down to Cervinia? Eg. is there a taxi rank at the bottom of the Valtournenche gondola?

I've tried looking elsewhere on the internet - but can only find airport transfer taxis, rather than local services.

I've found the ski bus timetable (on another post) - and it's pretty infrequent - only really twice per morning - so not super convenient. So trying to explore options of getting down there - as the beginner won't be able to ski over.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nicolahunter880, Welcome to snowHeads!

I've moved this question to The piste where it might be more easily spotted by someone with local knowledge
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty sure there's no taxi rank, but I'm sure you would be able to phone and book a taxi.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@nicolahunter880, welcome to snowheads.

There is no taxi rank but you can call to book - one number is 00 39 348 3123036
It cost me €35 from Valtournenche gondola to Cervinia town on Saturday lunchtime.
It took them less than 10 minutes to turn up after phoning and the trip took about 15-20
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it is a private lesson see if the instructor is willing to pick you up in Valtournenche.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy