Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone stayed at Le Village Apartments in Les Arcs 1950?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Les Arcs 1950 in a couple of weeks time for a s/c hol (wouldn't have chosen s/c but one of the party faffed around so much when deciding whether to come or not that all the affordable catered accom had gone by the time we booked. Grrrr...!!!).

What I don't have a good handle on at the moment is what sort of kit/equipment there is going to be in the apartment. The apartment sleeps up to 6 people (only 4 of us though) and has a "kitchen" (which I suspect is probably just be an area off the lounge), but there aren't a lot of details about what the kitchen contains. There is apparently a hob and an oven (although whether conventional or microwave, I don't know), a fridge and a dishwasher.

I was just wondering if anyone had stayed at Le Village Apartments before and was able to give any indication at all as to what we might expect to find? We booked it through Crystal and it's a "Type E" apartment that is labelled as one of their "Finest" range (I have no idea what that actually means in reality other than a posh silver logo. No, hang on...that's Tesco Very Happy)

Thanks...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can pay for a half board option at Arc 1950. We "self catered" but ate out mostly. The kitchenette was a little dated but absolutely fine in our apartment which was in the Manoir Savoie building. Arc 1950 is an excellent choice. Attractive resort and could not be more conveniently located for skiing. If you haven't been to Les Arcs before it is a fantastic ski area for all abilities.

There are people on this forum who own apartments in Arc 1950 and will hopefully be on soon to give you further details.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have stayed there before although it was a few years ago. The kitchen facities were quite basic but adequate. I seem to remember there cupboards were bare with no kind of basic larder i.e. salt, pepper, herbs oil and buying all that stuff soon adds up.

The problem you have is that the supermarket there is pretty pricey and by the time you have bought the days food and gone through the hassle of cooking and cleaning up it would have made more sense to eat out for not much more cash.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You should have everything in the kitchen you need plus kettle, filter coffee maker, corkscrew, peelers etc. There will be a welcome pack with a few drops of olive oil, a couple of dishwasher tabs, some instant drinks, salt and pepper and 1 sachet of washing powder. Depending on how much you're eating in, I would take some stuff if you want to avoid the expensive Spar. If you don't mind paying a few quid for ketchup rather nicking sachets from wherever you go, then the supermarket is well stocked. It also has excellent fresh ready meals, rotisserie chickens and take-away pizzas. And if you're eating out a few times, I recommend booking ahead, even a few days in advance. The bedrooms should have towelling robes for everyone and slippers. There's no need to take towels as they're changed mid-week along with the sheets. The T.V has a few english channels, so if the weather's bad at least you can stay in and watch The Sweeney (ITV 4, tuesdays at 3 p.m).
Glad to be of service.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info Happy

Yes I've been poking around on here and a number of posts all say it's worth taking salt, pepper plus a few spices etc...and a sharp knife! We'll prob eat out a couple of nights but if there's at least some basic cooking facilities then it will help keep the cost down to cook at the apartment.

I'm sure the supermarket prices will be rather eye-watering but with four of us to chip in, hopefully it will be doable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don Keebles wrote:
You should have everything in the kitchen you need plus kettle, filter coffee maker, corkscrew, peelers etc. There will be a welcome pack with a few drops of olive oil, a couple of dishwasher tabs, some instant drinks, salt and pepper and 1 sachet of washing powder. Depending on how much you're eating in, I would take some stuff if you want to avoid the expensive Spar. If you don't mind paying a few quid for ketchup rather nicking sachets from wherever you go, then the supermarket is well stocked. It also has excellent fresh ready meals, rotisserie chickens and take-away pizzas. And if you're eating out a few times, I recommend booking ahead, even a few days in advance. The bedrooms should have towelling robes for everyone and slippers. There's no need to take towels as they're changed mid-week along with the sheets. The T.V has a few english channels, so if the weather's bad at least you can stay in and watch The Sweeney (ITV 4, tuesdays at 3 p.m).
Glad to be of service.

Thanks Don, very useful info Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're going here in April and I know this is a really mumsy question but is there a launderette/wash room type of affair? My children are very messy rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, certainly in Hameau du Glacier - launderette for guests on basement level. I seem to remember it was free.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Excellent, thanl you, not that I am planning to spend any time in there if I can avoid it! Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bagginsmum, Laughing means you can pack a bit lighter if you know you can wash some stuff.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They also supply fluffy bathrobes ..at least they did in Manoir Savoie Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, three trips and three excellent weeks. Expect a comfortable rather than beautifully appointed apartment and you'll not be disappointed. Fantastic ski in, ski out, underground parking, walkable amenities and a supermarket that is determined not to rip you off.

O'Chaud is our family's favourite bar in the world so far which is owned by French DJ Fred Metral. excellent atmosphere, stupidly pricey with very, very happy memories!!!

Enjoy your trip.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@bagginsmum, @slicendice, Declared interest, we are owners in 1950, so can give you a full run down of everything that's provided, not provided, have to buy, ought to buy, will enjoy buying. Here's a synopsis, but you can PM me for more details!

Apartments have a combi microwave oven, and for those in Refuge and Hameau, new this year. There are 4 ring hobs, plus toaster, kettle, filter coffee makers and ours has a tassimo too. Dishwasher is also in there.
Your welcome kit includes, as the guys above have said, a few basics, (but not enough to keep you going for more than the absolute minimum) as well as dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid and general houshold cleaner. If you run out of any of these latter three, grab a few off the mid-week cleaners. Bathrooms have hair dryer, and the usual hotel stylee shampoo and conditioner in mini tubs, again to get you started but nothing more.

The supermarket is NOT hugely expensive. Sure, it's not Lidl, and it is up a mountain, so not your basic prices, but not enough to keep you out of there (although do buy Pringles before you arrive!). open 8 - 8. As per DonKeebles they also do roast chickens in a bag, which means your cooking duties can be confined to potatoes and veg for a good hearty meal. The Arc Dore, the breadshop, also does breakfast croissants and baguettes, open 7:30am - but you'll want to get one of the sprogs up there before 8, as that is when the queues start to get quite large.

Laundrettes, in each block, are free - well, free of cost, but not free of a lot of people wanting to use them from about Thursday on... be prepared to run up and down with timing, to grab next available tumble dryers! Bathrobes for wandering down to the pool and or sauna / steam / jacuzzis.

As I say, feel free to send a PM if any specific areas you'd like to cover, or post again here.

AR
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you all. Will send the small people off croissant shopping in the mornings then. No idea which block we are in, booked via Ski Independence.
Will we need to prebook parking?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy