Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Flight Deck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Last season my goggles fell apart, so I was starting to look for some for next season once this year's sales start...

I like the look of the Flight Decks (not XM: I have a "fat" face), for those who already have them how do you find them? Any experience with Giro helmets, and do you find much benefit from the PRIZM lenses?

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not just buy a pair of these, as recommended by Glenshee ski patrol and save yourself (>)£100? http://www.decathlon.co.uk/one-snow-l-xl-poor-weather-15-id_8286087.html
But then, I can never understand people paying a shed load for these things, I only ever use them when the weather is terrible. Tell you what, you could buy several pairs and still be quids in.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andyrew wrote:
I can never understand people paying a shed load for these things, .

Totally agree
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @andyrew, true, although I don't know about the longevity of these. I try to make each piece of kit an "investment" (I still have kit from an expedition in '96, and Oakley glasses from 2000) so am happy to spend a bit more for something that will last me... I have all my old goggles as emergency spares, but they're a bit beat up for day to day use.

I tend to wear goggles most of the time, so will get the use of them I think...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm. Got the kids some We'dze goggles - both pairs misted up horribly, They didn't worry about it, but if I'd been wearing them it've driven me batpoop crazy. You may be able to buy 7 pairs of them for the price on one, but then you've just got 7 pairs of crappy goggles as opposed to one pair you can see through.

IMHO, Not all goggles are born equal. Quality wins. Oakley all the way for me. If you like the Flight Decks, get the Flight Decks. And do yourself a favour and get a Hi Yellow lens, used it exclusively during the flat light & fog/cloud in AdH last week and outfoxed the conditions every day.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 12-01-16 11:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ta @Richard_Sideways, will check out the yellow lens... Just need to make sure they fit with my helmet then site and wait for the discounts to start!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways wrote:
And do yourself a favour and get a Hi Yellow lens, used it exclusively during the flat light & fog/cloud in AdH last week and outfoxed the conditions every day.

+1

I love POC goggles, and have Hi Yellow in them. You need yellow in your arsenal!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought these and they fit perfectly with my Giro helmet (in fact, given the size of them, they need a helmet to frame them - look a little odd with a hat). I went for the relatively expensive pair so I can change out lenses for flat flight.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks @cjdrum =0)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In use flight decks with a large giro g10 and the fit is fine. The persimmon lenses are very good. They have a blue sheen but are yellow and are the best I've used.
I look after my kit and expect to get a good number of trips from them so paying £100 isn't an issue. If you spend a bit of time on the Web, you can pick them up for a lot less if you don't kind the strap colour
Cheaper stuff may work but can sometimes be a false economy.
I bought spare fire irridium lenses for £30 when in america which makes them good and bad weather day goggles and not something that comes out now and again making the economics of price per wear very good
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers @ipken, very useful. Had noticed that with the strap colours...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy