Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl 2015-2106 Snow report

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Anyone skied here so far this season, or even better there this week, just wondered how the snow was? Looks like could be a snowy week next week hopefully will pick up a decent fall through the week.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mikekimber24,
Hi Mike
We're in Obergurgl for the week. Yesterday was very good. Sun and clouds so light OK, snow at the top very good but a bit softer lower down. Based on the depth on the tables at Hohe Mut, there must have been 10cms plus fresh snow on Saturday night but the base is still quite thin. As we crossed in the Top Express lift we passed over some rocks and the people in the lift who have been coming here since 2002 said they'd never seen the rocks before. We didn't go over to the new lift at Hochgurgl but friends who did said that the conditions were quite icy with the wind having scoured the pistes. Bergfex is not showing any great accumulations of snow for the week. It's forecasting 10cms up top today and, given the cloud cover at the moment, it looks like they are right about fresh snow. It isn't snowing in Obergurgl at the moment but the cloud is slowly coming down. There are some lifts closed. I don't know if it is wind or Avalanche clearing - there have been a few explosions this morning - but I suspect it is wind. It's quite mild at 1900 m, the forecast is for 0 degrees, but it is supposed to be getting colder in the next few days (as per Noz's excellent forecast!). All in all, there's plenty for a really good week next week with the prospect of a handy top up so, unless you are only interested in the off-piste, you should have a great time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was there a couple of weeks ago and the runs were fine even down to the village but not much around in the village. Looking at the webcams it seems they had quite a bit more snow since we left so you will be fine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mikekimber24,
Skied this morning and had a late lunch before packing it in. Snowing very heavily on Hohe Mut (lunch stop)and heavy snow right down to the village. Temperatures warmer than forecast - plus 4 in Obergurgl - but definitely heavy snow not rain! If it keeps up like this, 10cms forecast will be an underestimate. Pistes filling in nicely. Roll on tomorrow!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So how much snow turned up today? Looks like most of the heavy stuff was further east?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@mikekimber24,
It snowed heavily till about 19.00. I would say 10 cms in Obergurgl and I'm guessing maybe going on double that at the top. Bergfex is showing a few more centimetres tomorrow but high winds.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone in resort know if they have managed to open the ski routes yet?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi hows the snow looking, off in a week cant wait. Although its been pretty snowy this week most of the heavy snow seams to have missed obergurgl?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Come on guys... booked a cheeky weekend at end Jan and need some news?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The pistes are fine and I think are all open. The only bit I've noticed that's not skiable is a wee section at the bottom of red 7. There's not tons of snow though, it's thinner off piste than I've seen before and you notice little things like the bases of the lift towers which would normally be well covered. It looks quite windswept as though the snows been blown away in places.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There was a wee freshen up this morning so piste skiing will be good tomorrow and onwards I think. I don't know enough about off piste to comment. A good fall would make it excellent.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In resort now, piste skiing is fine with only red17 and the left hand black in obergurgl not open, it was warm yesterday and is meant to be much the same all week. There is no off piste skiing though, looks like it has been bloody windy, and stripped what little snow there was away, but on piste is still good and hardy any q's
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pistes are ok. Pretty hard. No off piste to talk off. The resort needs half a metre plus to wake up. Having said that, the Nederhutte is great value.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any updates? Looks pretty snowy.
I'm going to Obergurgl for the first time mid March.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arrived Sunday. Snowed off and on all day today, pretty heavily at times. Visibility was poor all day. If it stops and they get it bashed tonight, piste conditions are going to be superb tomorrow.
latest report
@RobMcQ, thank you. I have been looking at the weather forecast for the past few weeks and it looks like it has snowed every day in Feb more or less!
snow report
Any updates on conditions? Going this Sunday
ski holidays
"Obergurgl 2015-2106 Snow report"
This has the potential to be the longest running thread
Toofy Grin
latest report
It snowed again the Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (very heavily) when we were there last week. Pistes were in great condition when we left on the 6th.
snow conditions
@RobMcQ, thank you looking forward to it.
ski holidays
Have arrived in Obergurgl. So far so good. Hotel is ideal location wise, level of comfort etc.

Looks like the snow is very good.
Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.
Anyone else about this week?
snow conditions
Went to Solden today to see what it was like.
All very good with excellent snow conditions and weather.
ski holidays
Yo, @VolklAttivaS5, will be there on Sunday and ski Monday. Do you still have a few days after that? Could do a little tour up the Ferwalltal up to the Ferwalljoch if you feel up to it, it's pretty gentle. You'll see it under the Top Express as you go to Hochgurgl and on the piste map.
snow conditions
@Kelskii, thanks have PMd you as only here until Sunday now.
Had a great time though, loved Solden I think I'd stay there next time. Going back again tomorrow!
snow conditions
We're coming out on the 2nd - any updates on conditions atm ? - looking like rain maybe towards the end of this week.
latest report
Maybe a dusting on Wed/Thursday with possibly some rain turning to snow on Saturday, followed by maybe some much heavier snow at the start of next week. Beyond this is to far out to call IMO.

One thing I do know is at 1800m -2800m+ the snow conditions on piste will be fine in Obergurgl for 2nd April. Very Happy
snow conditions
@mikeh, where are you staying?
ski holidays
@hedley, We're at the Edelweiss & Gurgl. First time to Obergurgl after several years of Easters in Arc 1950
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mikeh, I will be next door at the Jenewein.

Whilst obergurgl doesn't have the huge area of the Arc's it's fine for a family holiday and the hotels in the village are pretty top notch.

My gut feeling is its going to be very Spring like by the 2nd. Toofy Grin
latest report
To be fair spring works - not complaining cos we had buckets of powder last year, but it was a week long blizzard and a sight of the sun would be nice. Really though just happy to be getting away with conditions looking pretty ok for what has been a very mixed season and next week is now starting to look interesting (and colder)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy