Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Mont Blanc v's Pierre Blanches to Vanoise Express

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The last time I went over to La Plagne from Les Arcs the run down Mont Blanc underneath Bijolin chair was very icy and quite steep, so may be a struggle with it this year. My question is what is the Pierres Blanche's blue like from the top of the Pierres Blanche's chair to join the Mont Blanc blue underneath the Lac Noir gondola as it was OK from there, much appreciated for any replies.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 12-01-16 13:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In my experience more likely to get chopped up than icy. A fantastic corkscrew run through the trees that is worth repeating several times over. When you are ready to go to the Vanoise Express the red that leaves from halfway down the Pierre Blanche is also huge fun (it connects to a blue track at the bottom that leads to the Express). However the red may be too steep for your missus, although there is only one very short section that is at all steep.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know the bit of Mont Blanc you're talking about and it always seems to be icy. Pierre Blanches is a better but will still be cold first thing so gets a bit icy, but not as bad. As truffaut says it's a lovely run through the trees, on my first skiing holiday me and a mate did it first thing and it was virtually empty and really good fun.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for Pierre Blanches - being first down that run in a morning is a true pleasure - wins over Mont Blanc every time. Seems less busy and less icy in my experience. Shhhhh, don't tell too many folk though wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the guys, heading out on 16th and we'll give Pierre Blanche's a wee look. Gonna be tons of snow, getting excited now, cheers the noo.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
willie5094, agree with all above: Pierres Blanches the better run. Lots of fun tree routes if you've got adventurous kids (watch where the Ski Instructors go first to make sure you don't end up with a 12 foot drop rolling eyes ).
But be careful of that red run (L'esselet). If Bijolin was a bit tough for your missus, then L'esselet would definitely made for a scary descent in any but the most perfect conditions.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure Jonpim what you mean about a 12 foot drop, thanks for the info guys.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
willie5094, Pierres Blances goes through trees. If you are adventurous, you can go off the side of the piste into the trees. But those tree routes don't necessarily descend at the same rate as the piste, so when after some fun in the trees you try to return to the piste, on occasion you will find you are some considerable distance above the piste. 12 feet entirely possible, though lower drops more likely. Look to the left side as you go down. snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pierre Blanches. Best run in the whole of Paradski but don't tell everyone.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers guys, not long till we go now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy