Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna or Cervinia or elsewhere

Poster: A snowHead
Hello folks just looking for some opinions on whether to try Cervinia instead of our original plan of Madonna di Compaglio.
We have flights booked for Bergamo on Jan 21st for 5 days.We were hoping to go to Madonna but according to their website only 50% of the runs are open and there is not much snow forecast for the next 10 days.
Cervinia seems a safer bet but accommodation seems a bit scarcer.
All opinions appreciated. We have a car hired so we are flexible and looking for somewhere less than 3 hours drive from Bergamo.
We are 3 males in our 40 s so looking for somewhere with a bit of life .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Chick, Currently appears to be snowing in Madonna di C and looking a lot better than a few days ago.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are 3 males in our 40 s so looking for somewhere with a bit of life .[/quote]

Might find yourselves some Cougars in Madonna.

Dolomites due a dump tomorrow but snow level questionable. Coud be rain lower down.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Chick, you will enjoy Cervinia, we have been to both resorts and I am especially fond of MdC but looking at the snow levels I would be aiming where it's best covered.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks nortantsred.any idea how long a journey cervinia is from bergamo and how easy a journey it is.we're hoping to ski 2 half days as well as 3 full days.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The local tourist office there is pretty good about hooking folks up with accommodations. I'd give them a call if you really want to be in Cervinia - it isn't any more driving than to Madonna.

On the other hand, drive a wee bit further, pay a toll for the tunnel, and you'll end up in Chamonix, which is meant to have the mother of all dumps - 246 cm in the next few days....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Heidi. As we are only going for 4 nights we rather somewhere under the 3 hour mark as we hope to ski 2 half days also. Madonna is our 1st choice if it gets more snow or if not then cervenia or somewhere else with decent skiing and a pleasent village.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Heidi. As we are only going for 4 nights we rather somewhere under the 3 hour mark as we hope to ski 2 half days also. Madonna is our 1st choice if it gets more snow or if not then cervenia or somewhere else with decent skiing and a pleasent village.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Chick, 27/39 slopes in Madonna are open. Tomorrow's going to be snowy and again later in the week.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Waffle. 54 /100 runs are open on the offical website for the area but the forecast for tom looks more like rain and there dosent look like any big dump in the next week. Hope it does improve as we have our heart set on Madonna but i think we will try to hold out for as long as possible before looking elsewhere.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You'll probably be OK in Madonna - but for future reference, the local tourist office in Cervinia is ace.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 10-01-16 21:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We'll see tomorrow. Rain was forecast for the town, but it has snowed there this weekend. Forecast is for 15-30cm tomorrow on the mountain, but the weather being what it is at the mo, it's anyone's guess. There is more snow in the forecast later on, but too early to tell. I'm heading out on 23rd an no way changing plans. The slopes look good on the webcams.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Waffle. Hope your right .would be great to see all the runs open in next few days. It would be great to hear some feedback from any snowheads currently in the resort as to what the skiing is like .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What is it like in Madonna now does anyone know, I am looking it up and seeing different reports on snow levels.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Seems to have snowed a fair bit on the mountain and still going. The town from pics here http://www.bergfex.com/madonna-di-campiglio/webcams/ looks like it's had rain, as the snow that was there yesterday has washed away.
snow conditions
@Chick, we used airbnb for a long weekend break in Cervinia (just returned home yesterday). The accommodation was fine for our purposes.
ski holidays
Thanks Ray I think were going to book Madonna tomorrow as we got a very good deal for a hotel.
latest report
@Chick, just check out these webcams and I think your doubt will be cleared, it looks perfect!!!

http://www.campigliodolomiti.it/webcam

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Northantsred. Looks a lot better now especially the webcams on bergfex.
Still cant understand why only just over 50% of the runs in the area are open.
Should have our accommodation booked tonight so no turning back.
ski holidays
@Chick, They announced today that more runs are going to be opening up this week. Fingers crossed!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy