Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest parking in or near Geneva Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Hi I know this has been covered before a few times in old threads but looking for some up to date info. I need to park in Geneva Airport for three days - is it best to go for the cheapest long term parking (available on the GVA website) or are there other car parks there, or nearby, that would be cheaper? What I've seen so far is very dear

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@moseyp, I've recently heard of people booking an airport hotel which includes parking for a decent price, can't remember which. Might be worth a look.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks I saw something about that for two weeks stays, hasn't thought about it myself because I'm only going for three days but at the prices GVA are charging it might actually be worth it
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
For three days I just bung it in p1 it's about 80chf - bit cheaper in P51/26
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wait til you see what we get charged for coffee @moseyp,
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Nadenoodlee, for some reason I had in my head that it was about 50CHF/EUR per day - just checked there and I think long term is 55CHF for the three days. Which is fine. (Three times how much I'd pay at home, but still doable)

I know - I made that mistake before, €7 for a latte I think it was! I'll be bringing a flask.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
P51 about 5 mins walk from terminal vs P1 just go up the lift. 55chf vs 81chf

https://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-292/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BobinCH, thanks, that's not too bad at all. I don't know why I thought it was 50 per day.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I find it cheapest just to taxi to the airport and back.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We used Elite Park in December which was 55 chf for 5 days. It seems 55 chf must be their minimum if they charge that for 3 days too. It worked OK and only 5 minutes transfer time but there did not appear to be any security there. There was a decorator painting the office building but we had to wait for the shuttle to get to the airport. Using MDS park for the next parking as they are cheaper for the 9 days needed this time and hopefully will have some security.
It is cheaper and more convenient than the cost of 3 adults return on the train and bus to Meribel.
All booked through Park Via. The problem with the on airport parking is that at peak times they can be full so if you are catching a flight you could be delayed while you find a space. You can reserve spaces in some of them but the short transfer works fine for us.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Free parking at Culoz station and then train to/from GVA at about £11 each way:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1994510
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, I live in Aosta!

Thanks @mogulski and @altis

I'll check out that Culoz idea
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've always found parking at GVA better and cheaper than Gatwick.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pam w, yikes, Dublin Airport long term parking is between €3 and €7 per day and Dublin is super expensive ...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Trouble with the unofficial park-and-ride scheme from the Cham side is that the train terminates at Eaux Vives. Then it's a tram (16?) to the main station and another train to the airport. And that assumes that they've finished rebuilding Eaux Vives too. Probably more hassle than it's worth.
snow report
@altis, I think I'll just go with GVA - when I thought it was €150 for three days it wasn't feasible, €50 all-in isn't so bad
snow report
For 3 days I just park in P26....an easy, mostly covered, walk through a small shopping area to the airport. P51 is the same price but a bit grim in foul weather.
ski holidays
God, I hate Switzerland......just been away for four nights in Rome, so put the car in the miserable, inconvenient Palexpo Parking as I've done in the past (cause that's where the Parking illimitee signs take you). Remembered last year it seemed to be getting pricey but hey, a long weekend away,it couldn't be too bad, surely?
Come back to a ticket machine demanding 180 Swiss francs from my credit card.
Absolute day light robbery!
Anyone got any better ideas??
PS to add insult to injury they'd shut the autoroute back to France and posted no diversion signs whatsoever.......
snow report
@gvj, are you sure you didn't put it in one of the short term parking areas for the Palexpo? Something like P26 or P51 would have been much cheaper, even P1 I'd have thought.

Another alternative that I use if I'm away for a while or if I think P26 will be full is 'Parking Friend', a fairly reasonably priced valet service, who take the car from you at the arrivals parking and return it there when you come back. Used them lots of times with no issues.
snow report
gvj - I picked up our van friday night from P51, it had been there since Sunday and it cost me €86.
I also use parking friend if it's longer than a week, at which point it becomes cheaper than P51.
snow report
I have always used P51. But when I put it into Google a minute ago, this came up first. Valet parking for 9 CHF per day. You have to scroll down to see the prices.
ski holidays
Try parkopedia
latest report
I think where I went wrong is that I followed the signs to the long term car parks after coming off the autoroute and that should have led me back though the Palexpo area and past P26 and 31 etc.
Unfortunately, I dived into the first parking I came too (on the right, under the expo halls, before crossing the autoroute) thinking it was the same tariff as the airport long term (I had to park there in the past when some of the parking was shut and the rest full).
Lesson learnt Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy