Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo Skier looking for buddy - Slovenia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I am heading to Slovenia most likely towards end of month, dates are flexible and may consider waiting until early February. I am early Intermediate who has the Ski bug now ! happy to buddy up with any blackbelts if you want to do your own thing on the slopes...I am heading for a short break 3-4 days which based on flights probably means 2.5 - 3 days. I am 43 yr old male, young at heart, I have managed one trip to Davos at start of Dec so far and looking for a few more, this being the next, buddies are either not available or not interested in the Skiing, hence prefer to have some company when Skiing is done...

The reason for Slovenia is it seems to be very cheap for a short break; I am based on London so flights into Ljubljana are fairly easy albeit it limited. WIZZ and Easyjet fly direct in 2 hrs, early departure on WIZZ 7.30am or 11am on EZ and both return on 11am ish. Depending on the resort, the transfer is either non-existent (15 mins) to Krvavec http://www.rtc-krvavec.si/en/ or very short - 1hr 15 to Vogel. I was thinking of going to Krvavec and staying in the capital Ljubljana but I am open to options as Slovenia looks beautiful and Bred (
Bled - Imago Paradisi (tourism promo) from VIZUALIST
https://player.vimeo.com/video/69827062?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0) is only a stones throw from Vogel so maybe a car and stay in Vogel is another option - vogel details here http://www.vogel.si/winter - you would think I worked for the Slovenian tourist board at this rate Madeye-Smiley

Check out the Pass and Hire options, they are also very competitive.

Prefer to do airbnb and it seems to be cheap, example two bed apartment below, but there are many options.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/7784866?checkin=26-01-2016&checkout=29-01-2016&guests=2&s=_gwNVImf

This would work out 80 quid for 2 people for 3 nights, that pretty good in the capital.

Ping me a message if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Banchini
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I heartily recommend Slovenia, of the "cost effective" alternative destinations it is right up there, as it in the Alps proper, the infrastructure is reasonable, the skiing good and the food etc good and cheap. Like everywhere it just needs some more snow at the moment.

Worth condsidering this place, as you effectively buddy up with the other people staying there, the food is excellent and the host Clive drives you to a different resort each day, so can be flexible depending on conditions etc. so you would typically take in Vogel, Kranska Gora, Krvavec and a couple of smaller local resorts.

http://www.rekahisa.com/accommodation

It won't be your cheapest option, but it does cover all your food and wine in the evening, airport transfer etc so it's a pretty decent deal.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Love Slovenia..... Done it loads of times.
Ljubljana is not too bad a Base, but it's about a 40min drive to krvavec, and over an hour to the bohinj resorts. I've done it this way once. But I'd recommend staying somewhere near lake bohinj, or bled. If you are doing 3 days, I'd be looking at a full day at vogel....... Maybe half a day at kobla and half at soriska planina. And a day at krvavec. All nice resorts. Vogel being my favourite because of a long run to you Valley. Kobla has one long run. Although a slow chair lift when I was there. Krvavec has the most modern lifts, but runs are quite short.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all for the advice, appreciate it.

t4tomo - looks a little pricey when you can consider flights not included, starts to look like a normal Alpine resort cost, I can see the advantages but on this occasion I am trying to squeeze every pound. The lessons package does seem a little more alluring.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
greggy500 - bit of off topic question, but wondered if you have hired a car there while there when good snow was in play.... and driven with snowchains etc. .. never done it myself just wondering if you can shed any light offer any advice, avoid it ? or easy peasy ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Easy peasy. It's the only way I'd do it. Never had to use chains though. Although, I've had some snowy days. BTW, another possibility is to fly to trieste and drive to bovec. Highest resort in Slovenia and linked with sella nevea in Italy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Greg. Want to keep transfer to a minimum and avoid drive if I can.

The only negative with Ljubljana is the flights back are only at 11am unless you want to pay the extra 100 quid to get a late evening flight. ..net result you have to spend the money on an extra night without the benefit of skiing next day...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stay at krvavec then. You are saying 15mins from the airport...... I'd put it at 5 mins tbh. Maybe 15 mins to get up the cable car aswell. And its a really nice area.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stay at krvavec then. You are saying 15mins from the airport...... I'd put it at 5 mins tbh. Maybe 15 mins to get up the cable car aswell. And its a really nice area.
I wouldn't worry about driving in snow too much. All the bohinj areas and krvavec are accessed by cable cars from the valley floor. Soriska is a mountain drive.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy