Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier - is it really expensive ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at verbier for Easter 1st week. Is the resort expensive? Food/drink etc. ? Family of four, the skiing looks amazing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
er yes..... we used to go loads but its not on our radar anymore, anything CH is a lash but Verbier knows how to charge! Haven't been for about 5-6 years. You can do it cheaper by staying in Nendaz or down the valley but if you want to stay in resort be prepared to pay through the nose for just about everything. Skiing great though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lodging in Verbier is dear... you can find reasonably priced places in La Tzoumaz, and within minutes and a nice ski you are in Verbier, or just enjoy the tree skiing in La Tzoumaz, conditions permitting the itineraries are loads of fun. Prices on par with the more expensive French resorts, but not as tasty..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@notnats, it depends, we stayed in a Powder White Chalet and got a good deal, which meant we had to eat out one night and the was more than we would normally have paid but was our choice we could have gone cheaper and gone for a Pizza, eating on the mountain didn't seem any more expensive than being in France, a bit like Courchevel you do have to pick where you eat. For apres we tended to hit the happy hour were we could

We went in 2013
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@notnats, slightly more than normal I thought but not radically different. of course you CAN spend a fortune if you want.

Lots of apartments to rent which can work well
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is it really more expensive than Chamonix / 3V's / EK? Pizza or burger at La Vache http://www.lavacheverbier.ch on the mountain is 25chf. What's the equivalent elsewhere?

4V lift pass 75/71chf vs Cham 60 Euros
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BobinCH wrote:
Is it really more expensive than Chamonix / 3V's / EK? Pizza or burger at La Vache http://www.lavacheverbier.ch on the mountain is 25chf. What's the equivalent elsewhere?

4V lift pass 75/71chf vs Cham 60 Euros

not a lot more expensive, but then also not the quite the quality - in my opinion
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, Verbier is expensive and the current exchange rate makes it worse. Last year the bars were noticeably quieter, even when the snow was fantastic

I love it, but I found it so expensive last year that the prices on my other trips to Tignes and Val Thorens seemed reasonable. In fact this year I've sacked off Verbier for Chamonix after about nine years on the bounce.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes. They attempted to charge me 8CHF for a coffee a few years back. I asked whether it came with a burger but they have no sense of humour. The coffee would have been rubbish too. A better coffee in Italy a quarter of the price.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We've been going to Nendaz for quite a few years at Easter.
This gets you to the same area as Verbier but with significantly cheaper accommodation.
Accommodation is good value here, food is quite pricey, lift passes are good value for families with significant discounts. Quite pricey for a single skier.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
T Bar wrote:
We've been going to Nendaz for quite a few years at Easter.
This gets you to the same area as Verbier but with significantly cheaper accommodation.
Accommodation is good value here, food is quite pricey, lift passes are good value for families with significant discounts. Quite pricey for a single skier.

True - but when I stayed in Nendaz, I ended up driving up to Siviez for better skiing, as the coverage in Nendaz and slopes weren't as fun...

I do like La Tzoumaz though, village even has it's own swimming pool, which the kids enjoy. Plus, gondola up is quick and efficient and ski down to Verbier is fun and/or pretty - speaking of the trail through the forest -
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@HeidiAmsterdam, Yep we often drive up to Siviez but don't find it inconvenient, at Easter it's easier for skiing Verbier than Tzoumaz IMHO as you can't ski down to Verbier usually at that time from Tzoumaz and have to get the lift down.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T Bar wrote:
@HeidiAmsterdam, Yep we often drive up to Siviez but don't find it inconvenient, at Easter it's easier for skiing Verbier than Tzoumaz IMHO as you can't ski down to Verbier usually at that time from Tzoumaz and have to get the lift down.

Same with us. Siviez gives the fastest access up to Mt Fort and as many of the high itineraries end in Tortin also avoids end of day rush to get last lifts back to Verbier. Also has a great ski school for the kids ( Arc-en-Ciel). Have to get there earlyish on busy days to get in main car park and wouldn't do it without a car as the buses don't look fun.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy