Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airline baggage

fizzer
fizzer
Apologise in advance if this has been done before I'm new here.
I would like some advice on baggage please. I have paid for ski transport on my forthcoming holiday but I am also taking my boots in a boot bag. I will also have a holdall plus small backpack for the overhead.
Will I get charged extra for the boot bag or is it included in the ski transport charge?
Travelling from Manchester to Salzburg early Feb.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Who are you flying with ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's either Jet2 or a charter flight. I think both mean you would have to pay extra for two hold bags. The simple solution is to put your boots in your main hold bag, that's what I do.
snow report
 fizzer
fizzer
Ah. Not sure haven't got tickets yet. Holiday with crystal so guess Thomson or air Austria.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thomson, in which case I think you can have a separate boot bag, BUT the combined weight of your boot bag and hold bag must not exceed 20kg to avoid excess baggage charges.
snow conditions
 fizzer
fizzer
Thanks shouldn't be a problem then!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you've paid for ski carriage then the booking confirmation should tell you what that means (really, it should be clear before you book, but that isn't always the case). For instance, we have a Neilsons booking for Man-Inn and the booking confirmation (Thomas Cook Airlines, In this case) says that boots can be in a separate bag but the sum of the 2 bags (skis + boots) must be within the 15kg limit.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FWIW I dont think crystal issue tickets as such anymore, you just download and print them off and all the info you need should be on there somewhere in the small print.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you've paid ski carriage then you get 15kg of equipment + 20kg allowance + 5kg hand luggage. You can put clothes, shoes etc. to make up their 15kg. The 20kg allowance can be split across 2 bags therefore you should have plenty of capacity.

I am going with Crystal on Saturday and I simply take my board bag with board and boots inside + clothes up to the 20kg personal allowance so I don't pay for carriage.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
its 15kg combined for boot bag and ski bag , if you are flying with thompson . you can ring them up and pay extra for more allowance
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One of my tricks to avoid paying for 2 extra lots of bags is to remove my boots from my boot bag and put them in an innocuous looking, hand luggage sized, overhead storage sized basic sports bag. That keeps the luggage weight in the main bag down to about 15kg and only have to pay for the skis. Still room in the hand baggage for a coat, gloves, hat, kindle type stuff that I don't want to put in the hold.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy