Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best free ski app IOS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title says really peeps

Good carving

Tim
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski tracks was recommended to me by quite a few people. Free version is available but lots of people say the full app is worth the 79p.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@letsgetpiste, +1

BUT please don't become fixated with seeing how fast you can go Mad Mad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dont worry i wont!!

I wander if its got a Ivejustshitmypantsometer in it?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@glisser, SkiTracks is great! It gives you your maximum speed each day so you have a target to beat. If you strap the iPhone to your inner wrist you can see the speed live and watch the numbers increase while you are actually head down in a schuss.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Toofy Grin @foxtrotzulu & @kiteman69... slowest man on the hill buys the pints!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@letsgetpiste,

Not a problem, the pint will be waiting next to the blood wagon Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does this use the GPS system and thus trash your phone battery?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used ski tracks for years and love it. As said the 79p upgrade is worth it , especially as it allows you to save old ski tracks. Agree that it can become dangerous as everyone tries to clock the fastest speed.

A new one is the crystal ski app. Will try this in a few weeks when I an in Tignes. It downloads the piste maps and appears to place you on the map. It has suggested runs but this needs more data. It also claims to have an option like find friends so you can see where your friends are in the resort. Would require data roaming for the mountain (will stop this for me Very Happy ) but assuming you use wifi in bars and cafes, may prove useful.

Of course, come next year when data roaming charges are equalised across EU, apps like this could come into their own!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski tracks is good. But as above it can lead to digital c0ck waving.

I'm guilty of it myself. Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JamesN wrote:
Ski tracks is good. But as above it can lead to digital c0ck waving.

I'm guilty of it myself. Laughing

My digital cock is arguably a lot bigger than the flesh and blood one.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski tracks is great and you don't HAVE to see if you get into 3 figures in km/hr in terms of speed. There are other games - 10000m of descent for instance, although that's made easier if you got fast lifts and long runs and is hampered by slow lifts and short runs - I'm looking at you les Gets, grrrrr.

The best bits are that it breaks down your day into individual runs so that you can see speeds, distances, gradient, times, what songs you were listening to, where you took your photos and it will also plot them against google maps so you can see your circuit. Then you can automatically upload it up to faceache for bragging rights there.

Does use GPS. Does not use data. My i phone 4 and 5 will last out a whole day of first to last lift provided I keep the phone in an inside pocket.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy