Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Man with small feet, buying ladies boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have relatively small feet for a guy, size 7 UK, I am having real difficulty finding touring boots in a size 25. So I am off to aviemore next week looking at getting ladies skit touring boots in my size. How do woman's boot fit compared to men's? And have any guys on this forum resulted to wearing female touring boots?

Any advice appreciated,

Daryl.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Dazzaonfire, my partner has alpine boots in a 25, but his touring boots are are 26. Same bsl. He reckons the touring boots are tighter. So don't fixate on the number, a small 26 might work out. They are scarpa mastrale rs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have Dynafit boots in 24 (I take size 6 or 7 shoes, depending on brand). Looking at the Dynafit website, their boots come in sizes 23 to 31.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dazzaonfire, As far as I am aware the main difference, other than colour, is the shape of the boots calf area, where the cuff is generally lower/wider to accommodate the lower position of female calf muscles.

I'm sure one of the expert boot fitters will be along to comment soon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dazzaonfire, I'm at best a UK 6 (maybe even a little smaller) and have never had a problem. Looking in the wrong places?

Uk 7 isn't usually 25.., ? http://www.evo.com/mondo-point-size-and-conversion-chart.aspx
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Agreed, 7 doesn't usually translate to 25.

I'm a 7 and my (pro-fitted!) snowboard boots are 26 or 26.5 (same boot...). There are plenty of touring boots available in that size.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, @stevomcd, I dunno, I'm a 7.5 -8 UK bigfoot and my boots are 25 as fitted by SZK back in the day. Agree with@PowderAdict, both that it's probably mostly the cuffs and that someone who really knows will be along soon.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
People will talk wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am a UK 8.5 and use 26.5 mondo dynafit boots as advised by. CEM. 26.5 is supposed to be about 7 to 71/2 UK. Ask Colin at solutions 4 feet(CEM). I would think a youth oriented boot would be better than a female boot but Colin could confirm this.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am a 6.5 uk and wear 24.5 ski boot
When I got fitted , they had Solomon quest , technica Cochise , scarpa FL , and an atomic all in 24.5 , 25 & 26 . Plus garmont (now scott I think ) did plenty of small sizes .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PowderAdict wrote:
@Dazzaonfire, As far as I am aware the main difference, other than colour, is the shape of the boots calf area, where the cuff is generally lower/wider to accommodate the lower position of female calf muscles.

Definitely this, although if they fit then why not!
Welcome to snowHeads btw Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
all boot manufacturers make mens / unisex boots down to 25.0 in ALL models and many are available in 24.0 and below time to check out some different stores, i would guess Mountian spirit in Aviemore would have something
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Annie, variations between manufacturers, SZK doing his usual of getting you into a shell that properly fits and to hang with the stickers?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you for all of the advice so far.

The 26 boots I have tried so far are deffinetly to big for me but a scarpa maestrale might be an option.

Although all major manufactures make men's boots down to 25, no shops in Scotland stock them, hence on my trip to aviemore I will be looking at female boots. Looking at other big UK retailer online suggest they have no stock in 25 either, so I can either take a gamble on mail order boots from abroad or try on female boots in aviemore.

Cheers

Daryl.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.alternative-footwear.co.uk/womens-shoes-and-boots/boots/thigh-boots.html
ski holidays
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
http://www.alternative-footwear.co.uk/womens-shoes-and-boots/boots/thigh-boots.html

Oh, sorry. Ski Boots!
ski holidays
@Dazzaonfire, I find this very bizarre indeed. I didn't realise we Scots were reknowned for our large feet Puzzled
ski holidays
Well in to season and they are probably past the stage of buying in new stock and all you small feeted Scots have bought all the small ones!
snow report
The season up here only started yesterday, so doubt many people have visited aviemore yet to buy boots, the two leading shops in the town basically said the don't stock size 25 boots due to lack of demand, frustrating, but guess no point of them buying lots of stock in small sizes that they can't sell. They maybe able to order specific model in a small size for me to try, but how am I meant to know it will fit me ok in advance.
snow report
Don't forget that

1, touring boots generally need to be roomier and tend to end up a shell size larger but with a similar or shorter BSL to the same alpine "foot" in a smaller shell size.

2. It's not just shell length it's also last width, and flex (experience/ weight related) .

So don't just crack into something just because it is the right size nominally!
snow conditions
Have you had a look at lange lv (low volume) range? I think the xt130lv is available in quite small sizes. I've recently got the rx100lv as I have narrow, low volume fit and so far seem perfect. Cannot believe the difference from my previous 'shop advised' pair!
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/_EfW9znJYjw
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy