Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

if this was your last ski trip!!

Poster: A snowHead
ok where would it be and why?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Japan, but I'd go forever.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Id rather not know it was my last. I might do something silly like get up early for lifts of something snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tricky - they seem to get better every year.
My next ski trip spans 5+ resorts in 3 countries on 2 continents and will involve skiing with something like 200 snowHeads snowHead

I think that's going to be hard to top - although, I've not done it yet so it might be rubbish Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2 continents @admin ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
realistically . . . if only for a minute . . . with the people you love (even if they will never know it) . . . anywhere that thinks that strapping a plank or two to yer plates is part of being human.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timberwolf, yes, due to the Japlan Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gazzaredcruiser wrote:
ok where would it be and why?

I'd save my cash an invest in another passtime.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@admin, you lucky barsteward Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Dolomites I think, because the scenery is so beautiful and the food is so delicious. And the skiing is good too, especially for a wrinkly, plateau intermediate like me. Plus I gain access via one of my favourite cities.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@admin, Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

especially for a wrinkly, plateau intermediate like me

Smile there's a few of up on the plateau...

If had to have a last trip it would be to the Les Deux Alpes at New Year - an experiencing so hellish that I took a 10 year break after doing it last time.

To have to repeat it would surely cure me of the longing for any further trips. It's the Alan Carr of ski resorts - you'll WANT to give up
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Timberwolf, it's all work work work... someone needs to go and research whether it's a suitable location for a bash and hey, I'm thinking of you lot Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
At 68 I am treating every trip as possibly my last - because you never know.....so this time its Arrabba !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin wrote:
@Timberwolf, it's all work work work... someone needs to go and research whether it's a suitable location for a bash and hey, I'm thinking of you lot Wink

To bad - all that work, I can offer you a rest and do the research for you! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
codyaitch wrote:
At 68 I am treating every trip as possibly my last - because you never know.....so this time its Arrabba !

Not so pessimistic seen them skiing good with 90 =22 more years for you, seen them with 100 but that looked most interesting with O2 tank behind - that is 32 more years for you, so don't worry - be skiing. snowHead
snow conditions
Heli-skiing in Canada with perfectly spaced trees and thigh deep powder Very Happy
snow conditions
I really enjoyed the scenery of Sella Ronda.

Though I can still remember vast amounts of my first ski trip to Crest Volan in 1992. Went back in 2001 and would love to visit again. Lovely wee place and prob hasn't changed too much.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
especially for a wrinkly, plateau intermediate like me.

None of us will ever accept that from you xxx. Just because the next step is a long or high one doesn't mean it's one to shy from and those of us who know you will ever see you as less than an inspiration . . . our livers may harbour a lesser thought perhaps, but . . . even if you don't want to add new skills, there's nowt wrong in refining the ones you already have.

Forever your 'crushed nut' X
latest report
@Masque, Embarassed x
snow conditions
Last ski trip.

Does not compute.
snow conditions
@queen bodecia, + 1
ski holidays
Easy! les Arcs - only because I have been going since the mid 1970's and feel it has developed along with my own ability - who remembers the 2 man chair back up from Peisey when there was no more then a cafe at the base? I have and continue to ski all over the world but always try to spend 5-7 days a year in Les Arcs.

Michael
snow conditions
Shirley if the last step is a high one @Hurtle would never get over it wink
latest report
Somewhere mountainous, with snow, and lifts, oh, and bars
snow report
Wengen/Murren - heard good things and always wanted to ski there.
ski holidays
Did that about 19yrs ago and Davos was my choice for 3 weeks. ( Plus sneaky pre-week down memory lane above Innsbruck at Tulfes where I first learnt to ski on snow).

Now though not sure as resorts have changed a lot but maybe a grand tour of the NZ ski resorts.

But if you mean last as in ain't going to be around for the next winter season, and money no object then maybe a descent of K2 after all end result is the same just maybe a few weeks earlier, shouting.................

"Look ma I can fly"

Well before the all too sudden reality check at the bottom Shocked
latest report
If I had to have a last trip, it would be to Val d'Isere, always.

I think I have an addiction to the place!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome to snowHeads @Michael111 snowHead
ski holidays
Also 68 with one knee held together with spit and string.

I am off to Salt Lake City in 3 weeks for three weeks spread between Alta Snowbird Solitude Canyons and Snowbasin.

If I knew it was to be my last trip I guess it would be the Dolomites staying in the Hotel Malita in Arraba and swapping between the Sella Ronde and the Marmolada.
snow conditions
Interesting proposition @gazzaredcruiser, but I'm not sure you ever know it's your Last Ski Trip before you go - it's something you find out after. I still have the wheely bag of my father-in-law in the loft with its label for Tignes Lavachet dated January 2005 when he was 82. It was his last trip, though he didn't know it at the time.
snow report
I'd simply carry on doing what I'm doing now, which is returning to my favourite area. This could have been my last trip* for all I know and in 3 weeks I've been here, I have only skied perhaps 3 or 4 days Shocked I'm not fussed about mileage any more, nor skiing from the first to last lift, screaming at other people to get out of my way as they are slowing me down. For me it is the whole experience of being in a beautiful place with friends.

I've been skiing for over 50 years now and I think the first 40 or so were each in a different resort, country or even continent as often as possible. But injuries have slowed me down and I discovered the pleasure of life in the slow lane, being greeted by name by lifties, hoteliers, mountain restaurant owners, etc as a valued returning guest. Each return to the area is greeted with genuine happiness that I have come back to the same hotel, hut, ski area, etc.

So I will be going home tomorrow, knowing I will be back here in 2 weeks and again in 8 weeks to ski with friends and generally have a fun time which in the end is what it is all about isn't it?

*just to reassure Queenie, I will be at the airport to pick you up on the 22nd, dinna fash yersel hinny! That is assuming that the shite driving of the Beamers and Mercs on the daily commute don't do something stupid to my car! wink
ski holidays
admin wrote:
@Timberwolf, yes, due to the Japlan Cool

Can you do a review of Japan (inc transfers) I'm off there in Feb for a meeting in Tokyo and then onto Korea and I'm so tempted to take my preachers Happy
snow report
Lovely post Samerberg Sue, extolling the advantages of Senior Skiing and finding a favourite resort and sticking with it.
I bet you have way more fun than any of the Whizzy Skiers with GPS Devices and Go-Pros tracking their speed and distance.
Life in the slow lane makes for a Van Gogh view of the world: so much better.
snow report
Can I just reassure everyone that Samerberg Sue does not always spend her life in the slow lane... wink
ski holidays
@queen bodecia, shhhhhhhh, don't spoil the image of me and my skiing Zimmer-Frame (got new racing blades on it for the next trip BTW ) Laughing wink

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 9-01-16 18:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Samerberg Sue, so where do you return to every year?
ski holidays
Profuse apologies to Samerberg Sue (and queen bodecia?) if i suggested she was Grey and Doddery.
The Slow Lane is a state of mind. Nothing to do with what you do.
Samerberg Sue last week:

snowHead
ski holidays
About to take my first skiing holiday since 1989 at the age of 71. Wish me luck. For reasons of economy I have booked a week in Borovets which seems to be reasonably intermediate/beginner friendly. I am hoping that skiing is like riding a bike - once you know how you don't forget. I am always the optimist so perhaps reality will smack me in the face in a couple of weeks.
ski holidays
@Rabbie, wow, good luck! And welcome to snowHeads! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy