Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La thuile - List closures

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello collective snowhead brains,

I just wondered if anyone out there has any inside knowledge of La Thuile in Italy,

We are due out to the LA Ros side this weekend, and while the whole of the LA Ros side is open, it seems as though only a small portion is open in the Italian quarter in LA thuile or the Bernado pass. I was just wondering if there was any reason for this other than the current conditions preventing it (they certainly have enough snow - possibly to much)?. When we were there last season large chunks of La thule were closed too for no immediate reason.

The reason for asking is that I particularly want access to the Bernado pass for snowkiting which currently won;t be possible. If its not going to open I'll leave the kit at home.

I have heard whispers that during quiet periods (early season) they limit what they are increasingly limiting opening sections of LA thuile (Bit miffed if this is the case as the lift pass is no cheaper)

Just wondering

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was in LaRos' over xmas and a lot has probably changed by now but... On the LaThuile side only the central blue runs into the main bowl and the 2 reds above were open, all in good condition compared to LaRos. Nothing to the village (which was completely green) or on the StBernard pass side (other than for access back to LaRos) and none of the runs to skiers right of the area. Only 1/2 of LaRos was open, nothing below the village alt' and only limited reds above. Generally LaRos was ice in the morning then rock and slush by lunch/PM. The red to access Italy was the best I've seen it in 4 visits though and the St Bernard valley kite ski area didn't look like it needed much more snow to be in good condition but that was viewed from afar.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Adithorp. Looks like most of la ros is open now which is good, but i am going to be chewing my arms off if the kite Area is perfectly covered but the lift out of it is not running (which it currently isn't)!. I can only assume its either avalanch risk or a decision to not open that whole bernado sector yet...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shedfulls of snow and more forecast for the next 4 days, followed by a couple of days of wind. The current avvy risk is high and The Col area, where kite skiing is done, is the most prone to avalanche and wind and is usually one of the last areas to open after high risk. In my experience they don't close off areas in the Col when quiet, it is always for safety.

There will be some fabulous conditions when the area does open. If the conditions are snowy and blowy then just lap the Ecudets chair (far left and low on the piste map.- A lovely tree-lined red, hot choc stop at the bottom and a lift slow enough to sleep on for the return.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Mr Snowman! Closed because of Avi risk I am ok with, we just have to accept what nature throws at us. Fingers crossed it opens towards the back end of the next week although I am not counting on it based on the forecast. If it does that sector will be epic (based on previous years experiences).

Previous years the Ecudets has always been closed but I see its running this year so yep, I shall be straight on that one to make up fo closures elsewhere if needed...

At least there will be snow and all will be white! Laughing snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy