Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megeve, Saint Gervais 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Skied Bettex to Saint Nicholas and back - Mid calf to knee deep first thing, rain almost to the top by noon.
Everything above Bettex has good coverage but fear the rain will make a mess of things.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any updates on the conditions in St Gervais and Megeve at the mo? Heading out on Saturday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied ankle to knee deep fresh from Megeve to St Nicholas and back this afternoon. You had to be selective to get most of the vert untracked. But no crowds and good coverage.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any chance of a further update? Also are the new snow cannons on the home run back to St Gervais making it skiable?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Home run is still doable at the moment, but it's now crazy warm and very high very heavy rain coming in tomorrow, so I don't know for how much longer. It's been 10 degrees today. It should be minus 10. This winter is nuts Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I was over there today and I'd echo @picaresque, with an 'only just' for the St Gervais run. I have to say that all in all I was pleasantly surprised given the temps. The runs off the mont d'arbois were bare in places but pretty good other than than if a bit scrapey at the beginning of the day and tough on the knees at the end.......although that could just be my appalling fitness level. Fingers crossed there's more snow than rain coming in the next few days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone know if April skiing is still going to achievable?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jonny996, Easter is shaping up to be quite cold and snowy so there's a good chance. But it's too far ahead to be certain. I skied down to the bottom of the skiing in Praz sur Arly (next door to Megeve) on Sunday and it was fine.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Anyone know if April skiing is still going to achievable?

certain there will be if you pop up the road to Les C Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jedster, I was going to ask, as I know you are up there. I will have kids so how is Les C for green & blue runs
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would be very surprised if not given that April is only 2 weeks away. Conditions are good.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi, looking to go to Megeve (main area, not les c) start of April, and given current forecasts, unsure whether to book or not. Heard that snow depths are pretty good for now. Should I wait a bit longer, or risk it?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Snowisawesome, there will be pistes to ski on, there will be availability in accommodation. If there's no urgency to book, you might as well wait I guess if you're nervous.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But Megeve will start closing down in early April?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The dates are:

FERMETURE PINCESSE
3 avril 2016
FERMETURE MONT D'ARBOIS ET ROCHEBRUNE, SAINT-GERVAIS
17 avril 2016
FERMETURE COTE 2000
24 avril 2016
snow report
The Arly Valley parts of the Espace Diamant close 8 April.
snow conditions
Quote:

@jedster, I was going to ask, as I know you are up there. I will have kids so how is Les C for green & blue runs

sorry - missed this
Better for blue than green. The greens are either true nursery slopes or winding "easy ways down" but there are plenty of blues. Some have a "reddish" section but others are consistently friendly. Once you are up the bubble from the valley the topography is quite nice for beginners - big gentle bowls where you can see where you are heading - unthreatening
ski holidays
Coming over tomorrow, can anyone tell me current conditions? Interested in green & blues as have kids with me
snow report
I'll be in St Gervais this coming Thurs - Monday.
Anyone there who can give me good news (or tell me the worst) please?
snow conditions
well I just discovered a road in bettex that I never knew was there, white lines the lot! http://m.webcam-hd.com/st-gervais/bettex
latest report
Yep - that is telling me how it is Sad
snow report
Do you have a rental car?

We are also in St Gervais from Thur to Sun but planning to go to Contamines and Cham given the weather forecast.
ski holidays
@shiprat, what do you expect when St Gervais' official closing date is Sunday?
ski holidays
Guess you're right. I will have a rental car thankfully. As I have some daytime committments in St G I was hoping to have some local skiing as some of Megeve area is open. I'll see you at Les C and Contamines then @belette Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy